Report on [FL:M] Brikaas
Name of player: [FL:M] Brikaas

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:50467381

Time in GMT: a couple hours ago

Server: v2d

Summary: failrp job title, using an ooc job title

Evidence:
[Image: BDEB85B733BB67DD10DAFFA432CB7734AA688865]
I do not see the harm of this as it has been done before.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
(08-22-2016, 08:02 PM)Brikaas Wrote: I do not see the harm of this as it has been done before.

It's a FailRP job name, metagaming by having an out-of-character job-title in-character.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/rules.php Wrote:2.3 Do not Metagame. This means you cannot talk OOC (Out Of Character) while IC (In Character). You can't use OOC-obtained information IC either.
The job display is all OOC, you wouldn't know my job IC.
Neither was I doing anything IC.

So once again, I do not see the harm into this.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
(08-22-2016, 08:09 PM)Brikaas Wrote: The job display is all OOC, you wouldn't know my job IC.

"no harm" if another user had their job as "moderator on duty" what do you think an admin would say to them? to change it to something ic
"no harm" its breaking the rules, and rules are rules mate.
(08-22-2016, 08:12 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 08:09 PM)Brikaas Wrote: The job display is all OOC, you wouldn't know my job IC.

"no harm" if another user had their job as "moderator on duty" what do you think an admin would say to them? to change it to something ic
"no harm" its breaking the rules, and rules are rules mate.

If another user had that job title naturally we'd tell them off as it would confuse newer players and users with said job title could abuse this.
All Brikaas has done is put more attention towards the fact that he is actively moderating on the server, which benefits all and harms none.
On top of that most staff have done this and will continue to do this with their jobs being i.e. ''AFK'' to make the players aware that the administrator is currently unavailable.
Do you have any further thoughts you would like to add before this case gets concluded, Sebasti?
Hi there, I would like to have an input on this case. Given I seen the rulebreak and then advised Sebasti to post this player report I would like to direct Brikaas and Agorith to certain rules to ensure that punishment is handed out accordingly.

Spoiler: Proof of my involvement
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...387&page=2
(08-22-2016, 07:15 PM)Marty Wrote: Player Report him, that is a FailRP job title.

Spoiler: Rules That Are Being Broken
9.1 Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay.

Now unless Brikaas was indeed role playing as a "moderator on duty" which wouldn't be possible as moderator functions are an Out of Character role then this "job title" does indeed actually violate rule 9.1

If the staff team are under the impression that this is not a rule breakage then I will personally post an administrator abuse case on said moderator as this means he will be breaking the rules and getting away with it solely based on his rank.

I hope you take the time to read through the following points I have noted above and this input is not meant to cause any harm or ill thoughts towards any staff members named above.

Spoiler: Excerpt From Courthouse Rules
Soulripper Wrote:1. You are only allowed to write in one of these topics, if you are:
1.the accused player
2.the accusing player
3.a witness or in any other IMPORTANT relation to the Ban Request.

Point number 3 secures my involvement and reason for this post, thank you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thank you for the feedback.
As mentioned, staff members usually do /job AFK to avoid any annoyance from people who use @ with no response.

Even though Brikaas did this out of good intentions, saying you're a staff member on duty is like setting your job to "Roleplaying Member" if you're just RPing.
Staff members are expected to be on duty unless they're very busy with a roleplay and have other staff members to help with @ calls instead.

I don't think Brikaas deserves any sort of punishment for this, but the topic will be brought up within the Team in order to avoid any similar situations in the future.

Case closed.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]