MyBB 2-Factor Authentication
nice meme
Just got it set up! Great stuff..
(08-11-2016, 09:22 PM)Avgar Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 09:08 PM)Midget Wrote: Wait, I only have a phone. How do I authenticate with only my phone? Is that possible or do I need a laptop or something.

What do you mean? You still need to enter your password. You can log in no matter the device, just need to enter the auto-regenerated code from your phone.

I was just wondering how I would scan the QR-code with my phone if the QR-code was on my phone screen. But if there is a code I can enter instead I can do i
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(08-11-2016, 09:35 PM)Midget Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 09:22 PM)Avgar Wrote: -snip-

I was just wondering how I would scan the QR-code with my phone if the QR-code was on my phone screen. But if there is a code I can enter instead I can do i

You only need to scan the QR code once. So you can either play with some mirrors or scan it on another surface. I think some auth apps support scanning by image. It's ill advised to save an image of the QR code, however, as anyone could scan it then and know your secret code.
I only have a Nokia 3210

Although you should have just enabled this for those with moderation powers, ain't gonna be no harm if someone hacks me account.

Just some seedy PMs between me and Awestruck Wink

Jokes....

It's a nice plugin tho
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Awestruck
Yay finally more security
Also to throw this into effect I would force a logout on everyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-12-2016, 06:07 AM)Marty Wrote: Although you should have just enabled this for those with moderation powers, ain't gonna be no harm if someone hacks me account.

I did think of doing that at first, but we decided that regular users should know that they can secure their accounts as well.

(08-12-2016, 06:34 AM)Marty Wrote: Also to throw this into effect I would force a logout on everyone.

Done! (inb4 a ton of I forgot my login credentials requests come in)
Great idea but what about people who don't have a smartphone?
(08-12-2016, 07:55 AM)MacTavish Wrote: Great idea but what about people who don't have a smartphone?

There is no option for two factor authentication for users that dont have a smartphone at the moment. (it's optional anyway). But I'll look into adding e-mail two factor authentication where you could have a single use code to enter instead of the app generated one.