Unclear forum rule(s)
Hellooo dear friends!

I made a website, dedicated to a few good friends of mine.. Nothing harmful.
So I was thinking, why not put my site on my signature. But I reminded myself that there would probably some forum rules that I would have to read through again, just to be sure. I then stumbled upon the General Forum Rules, and rule 1e.) stated the following.. "Spam and Advertising are not permitted. A suspension from the forums may be issued if found to be doing so.". But I did remember that Fearless have been allowing you to put your own website on your profile since 2012. So I was a bit confused at the point. I thought to myself, that putting the link in my signature, would not hurt anybody.. But then again, I can never be too sure, as some people are a bit triggerhappy on that banhammer Wink. (don't take it personal, please).

So please answer my question.. Can I put my website url in my signature? If not, then please do make a change upon rule 1e, so it can be clarified. Since you are allowed to put your own website on your forum profile.

Staff responses only please. The only reason why I am putting this in the public section, is because there may be other people with the same question as me.
I would put it on your profile not on your signature. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Hitman's post:
  • Adamantite
Thanks for the reponse, Hitman - Fearless Administrator.

However, I would like to demand more info than "better to be safe than sorry".
I need a yes or no, if this is allowed. If no, then I suggest rule 1e to be re-written, or atleast give more clarification or a bit more detailed description of what is allowed, and what isn't, when it comes to putting your own site on the forum.

Mist
Fearless Donator
Unless it is a link that directly pertains to something Fearless related your answer is no.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
Well this is not related to anything from Fearless. The site only contains names and a video in the background Smile.
I take this as a yes, then.

EDIT: Woops I misread that, lol.

Well if that's the case, then a change in the rules would be a very great idea, perhaps? Wink
I'm not opposed to it but it's not my decision to make. Please post a suggestion in the suggestions forum.

Answered.

Hitman
Fearless Administrator