The Fearless Slang Definitions
Great Guide!
Just a suggestion to move the terms you use in the explanations, for example OOC or IC before you use them as a term, for example but OOC and IC explanations before saltyrper.
(06-04-2016, 02:02 PM)MacTavish Wrote: Isn't powergaming when you get a job and you only use it for yourself? (Gundealer only buys guns for himself and doesn't do his job) It used to be that, not sure if it was changed.

To my knowledge powergaming has always been forcing an RP onto someone (/me pushes off cliff).
(06-06-2016, 08:38 AM)SirMinus Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 02:02 PM)MacTavish Wrote: Isn't powergaming when you get a job and you only use it for yourself? (Gundealer only buys guns for himself and doesn't do his job) It used to be that, not sure if it was changed.

To my knowledge powergaming has always been forcing an RP onto someone (/me pushes off cliff).

You are both right.
2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man's neck, killing him" or similar).
9.7 Do not change jobs just to buy something from the market (this is powergaming).
14.3 Do not switch jobs with the sole intention of joining a raid (powergaming). This also applies to custom jobs.

Powergaming

Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions. This is banned because it’s detrimental to RP, and makes the server a lot less fun for people who have to suffer the actions of a powergamer. Some examples over powergaming are below:

“/me punches the cop in his throat, killing him.”

This is powergaming because you’re forcing the officer into situation where he dies, without his input. It would be better to say:

“/me tries to punch the cop in the throat.”

This lets the cop play along, and he can decide whether or not the punch lands and what effect is has on him. Obviously, he can’t powergame himself here.

“/me breaks the handcuffs and escapes.”

This is powergaming because it forces the RP to take a different direction as to what is obviously happening, and it is also impossible for a normal human to break handcuffs he’s restrained with. If you really want to RP this, say something like:

“/me struggles in his handcuffs, attempting to break free.”
This gives the cop a chance to RP with you. Chances are you’ll just be struggling in vain (and improving the RP), but the cop may decide to play along and the RP could take a different direction depending on what he does.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(06-06-2016, 08:57 AM)King Kickass Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 08:38 AM)SirMinus Wrote:

You are both right.
2.6 Powergaming is not allowed (i.e. do not do "/me snaps the man's neck, killing him" or similar).
9.7 Do not change jobs just to buy something from the market (this is powergaming).
14.3 Do not switch jobs with the sole intention of joining a raid (powergaming). This also applies to custom jobs.

Powergaming

Powergaming is when you misuse roleplay actions in an attempt to force a RP to take a certain direction, or when you attempt to force another action on a player or dictate their actions. This is banned because it’s detrimental to RP, and makes the server a lot less fun for people who have to suffer the actions of a powergamer. Some examples over powergaming are below:

“/me punches the cop in his throat, killing him.”

This is powergaming because you’re forcing the officer into situation where he dies, without his input. It would be better to say:

“/me tries to punch the cop in the throat.”

This lets the cop play along, and he can decide whether or not the punch lands and what effect is has on him. Obviously, he can’t powergame himself here.

“/me breaks the handcuffs and escapes.”

This is powergaming because it forces the RP to take a different direction as to what is obviously happening, and it is also impossible for a normal human to break handcuffs he’s restrained with. If you really want to RP this, say something like:

“/me struggles in his handcuffs, attempting to break free.”
This gives the cop a chance to RP with you. Chances are you’ll just be struggling in vain (and improving the RP), but the cop may decide to play along and the RP could take a different direction depending on what he does.

These days I wouldn't count on the RP going any other way that being hit with an arrest baton.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Than be the change you want to see in the server.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
RPPer = Pointwhore*

Never heard anybody say RPPer. Maybe I'm just too old.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 5 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Robbtja, Awestruck, Tomo, MacTavish, Eclipze
Great job mate, this will definitely help the new members.
God Save My Soul......

Its Comic Sans the one and true Devil of the Fonts
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<