Game crash on join (Fixed!)
Hello!

I haven't played for weeks and when I downloaded the content pack (link) and tried to connect the server, my game crashed. I can connect without this content pack, but then all the citizens and firefighters are errors, either there are no sounds. Somebody said that this content pack is needed to fix playermodels and sounds, but as I said, my game crashes with this content pack. I have installed the map (I'm playing on v4b1), CS:S, HL2 and all the other stuff from downloads thread. I have also tried everything from this Darkside's thread but it didn't fix anything for me.  Thinking
Hello Jan

Maybe load up in a Singleplayer Sandbox map then try connect from there.

Also, could you send the Crash Logs, they are located in SteamApps>Garrys Mod> garrysmod, down the bottom

Thanks
[Image: 19ae0142bb6ffa7096da0c5a398ab914.gif]

Please +REP me if I help'ed you in anyways
Also, You could try these:

-Disable other addons
-Change your game from 'Fullscreen' to 'Windowed'
-Disable custom content downloading (Options > Multiplayer > Allow custom custom content)

(05-28-2016, 06:45 PM)Darkside Wrote: Hello Jan

Maybe load up in a Singleplayer Sandbox map then try connect from there.

Also, could you send the Crash Logs, they are located in SteamApps>Garrys Mod> garrysmod, down the bottom

Thanks

Here's a site to analyze crash reports at
http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/

Jan, I recommend you to upload one of those reports over there and post the link here.
Maybe there's something to that'll catch someone's eye.
(05-28-2016, 06:46 PM)Darkside Wrote: Also, You could try these:

-Disable other addons
-Change your game from 'Fullscreen' to 'Windowed'
-Disable custom content downloading (Options > Multiplayer > Allow custom custom content)

I had this problem too, i tryed this from facepunch forums and worked.
Right click on Garry's Mod in your steam library > click on properties > click on Launch Options > type in -autoconfig
Hope that it helps Cheese
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
I'm not sure what I exactly did but my game doesn't crash any more. I can join the server but seems like the content pack is still not working fine.
Some citizen and fireman playermodels and some trailers are errors and car lights doesn't have textures just like when I remove the content pack.
[Image: rp_evocity_v4b10022.jpg]
[Image: rp_evocity_v4b10023.jpg]
I have tried to load up map in singleplayer mode, to run game in windowed mode, disabled other addons, disabled custom server content downloading, reinstalled content packs and added -autoconfig to launch options. I think that crashing was fixed after I added -autoconfig to launch options but maybe anyone have any ideas about missing textures and models  Huh

(I don't think it's important anymore but I uploaded crash report that was generated before when my game was crashing: http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/dumper.py?..._56C0.mdmp)
Hello

Hvae you put the content folder into the Addons folder in you Garrysmod?

Good it stopped crashing!

Thanks

Yes, I have.

This is the path where I put it
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons\
Oh, I found out that some files weren't downloaded and I had to turn back on server content downloading and now the textures and models are also fixed.

You can close the thread now.

Thank you anyways! Cheese