Poll: Which map would you like on the V2D server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
rp_Rockford
34.81%
47 34.81%
rp_Evocity_v2p
12.59%
17 12.59%
Harbor2Ocean
2.22%
3 2.22%
Paralake City V3
2.96%
4 2.96%
Keep rp_Evocity_v2d
31.11%
42 31.11%
rp_Retribution
12.59%
17 12.59%
rp_Evocity_v5p
3.70%
5 3.70%
Total 135 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Map replacement V2D
I'd honestly say it's too early to say v2d is unpopular. V4d1 has only been on the servers for nine days. New things always gain popularity so I would expect v2d to be slow now due to that.

However with the direction you are going in the way of boats etc, it may be the best bet to change v2d due to the map being unable to use said boats.
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Baskingner, Tomo, TheMJ
I personally do not want v2d to be scrapped. I don't think the map itself has lost popularity, just that the player base on v2d has gone down to the point where the people who would normally play on it would rather go on the other server. Once the player count gets to a certain point, there is limited RP to do and so those people will also leave as a result of this.

Now that there is nobody ever on v2d, it is very difficult to get the population back up. Nobody wants to join because there is so few people on there, but if nobody joins then there will never be anyone on there. It's a vicious circle. Nobody wants to be the first person to join because there is nothing to do right now. We need a large group of people to join at once which would encourage more people to get on there and possibly save the population by getting it up to the threshold where decent RP can still be done.

That said, if things didn't work out with v2d and we did have to have a replacement, I would love to see v2p return.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Hunterr, DreeBott, Baskingner
(05-22-2016, 04:07 PM)Tomo Wrote: I personally do not want v2d to be scrapped. I don't think the map itself has lost popularity, just that the player base on v2d has gone down to the point where the people who would normally play on it would rather go on the other server. Once the player count gets to a certain point, there is limited RP to do and so those people will also leave as a result of this.

Now that there is nobody ever on v2d, it is very difficult to get the population back up. Nobody wants to join because there is so few people on there, but if nobody joins then there will never be anyone on there. It's a vicious circle. Nobody wants to be the first person to join because there is nothing to do right now. We need a large group of people to join at once which would encourage more people to get on there and possibly save the population by getting it up to the threshold where decent RP can still be done.

That said, if things didn't work out with v2d and we did have to have a replacement, I would love to see v2p return.

^^
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]
Why not test out RP_Rockford for a week or 2 to see how things turn out.
I simply love that map
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
The following 2 users Like Balls's post:
  • Insert, DreeBott
In my opinion, I have outplayed V2D, I find it boring now.

I agree with a new map, Rockford sounds good. Besides, if it turns out even leSs populare than V2D is right now, theres always the option to change back.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
(05-22-2016, 04:07 PM)Tomo Wrote: Now that there is nobody ever on v2d, it is very difficult to get the population back up. Nobody wants to join because there is so few people on there, but if nobody joins then there will never be anyone on there. It's a vicious circle. Nobody wants to be the first person to join because there is nothing to do right now. We need a large group of people to join at once which would encourage more people to get on there and possibly save the population by getting it up to the threshold where decent RP can still be done.

And how do you expect said large group to randomly join and populate it again? No one seems to be willing to make the first steps, yet still want V2D to stay around.
I'm all down for changing to a new map but I still love v2d. Sad
(05-22-2016, 04:53 PM)Jan Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 04:07 PM)Tomo Wrote: Now that there is nobody ever on v2d, it is very difficult to get the population back up. Nobody wants to join because there is so few people on there, but if nobody joins then there will never be anyone on there. It's a vicious circle. Nobody wants to be the first person to join because there is nothing to do right now. We need a large group of people to join at once which would encourage more people to get on there and possibly save the population by getting it up to the threshold where decent RP can still be done.

And how do you expect said large group to randomly join and populate it again? No one seems to be willing to make the first steps, yet still want V2D to stay around.

We could at least make an effort, because none has been made yet. Right now 14 people are online on V2D, while that isnt a huge population its enough to interact and have a good time. Lets hope we can regain some players there this way.
#death2V2D
New Map. Please.
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]
I'm sorry. But, no. We must keep V2D alive as it's the best map.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Merle's post:
  • Tomo, Divey