64 bit and 32 bit
Exclamation 
Hello,

I have a computer which tells me is a 64 bit but whenever i install something it always says 32 bit. Is this something to worry about? Also what is the difference between 64 and 32 bit? Thanks,
E3z
--- Bump ---
64 handles more "stuff" better than a 32 bit computer. It can do more tasks at once and handles those tasks better basically.
Make sure you download the correct version. Usually it says "32 bit" or "64 bit" at the website you are downloading it from.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
A 64 bit operating system is compatible with 32 bit software.
However a 32 bit operating system doesn't support 64 bit software.

All good here.
windows10 seems to run everything 32bit....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Usually, most people will have a 64-bit system. If not then you should upgrade your computer. 32-bit is only limited to a certain amount of RAM while 64-bit doesn't really have a limit. If you've got less that 4 GB then you don't need a 64-bit CPU. If you've got more than 4 GB then you need a 64-bit CPU. 32-bit CPUs can only run up to 4 GB of RAM. However, 32-bit systems cannot run 64-bit programs apparently. As of that 64-bit CPUs run both 64-bit and 32-bit programs. There's some pretty big differences.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
(05-23-2016, 01:33 AM)Merle Wrote: Usually, most people will have a 64-bit system. If not then you should upgrade your computer. 32-bit is only limited to a certain amount of RAM while 64-bit doesn't really have a limit. If you've got less that 4 GB then you don't need a 64-bit CPU. If you've got more than 4 GB then you need a 64-bit CPU. 32-bit CPUs can only run up to 4 GB of RAM. However, 32-bit systems cannot run 64-bit programs apparently. As of that 64-bit CPUs run both 64-bit and 32-bit programs. There's some pretty big differences.

That's just gibberish. 64 bit architecture cpus have been around for ages. Last 32 bit cpus were designed around 16 years ago.

If you can run gmod with one of those, let me know.
(05-23-2016, 09:10 PM)Joulle Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 01:33 AM)Merle Wrote: Usually, most people will have a 64-bit system. If not then you should upgrade your computer. 32-bit is only limited to a certain amount of RAM while 64-bit doesn't really have a limit. If you've got less that 4 GB then you don't need a 64-bit CPU. If you've got more than 4 GB then you need a 64-bit CPU. 32-bit CPUs can only run up to 4 GB of RAM. However, 32-bit systems cannot run 64-bit programs apparently. As of that 64-bit CPUs run both 64-bit and 32-bit programs. There's some pretty big differences.

That's just gibberish. 64 bit architecture cpus have been around for ages. Last 32 bit cpus were designed around 16 years ago.

Okay then, I just wanted to explain in-depth as it in-cat is not gibberish.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
(05-22-2016, 11:37 PM)Midget Wrote: 64 handles more "stuff" better than a 32 bit computer. It can do more tasks at once and handles those tasks better basically.
Make sure you download the correct version. Usually it says "32 bit" or "64 bit" at the website you are downloading it from.

that is not what it is at all

64bit is faster because it has 64 bits instead of 32
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
(05-23-2016, 09:10 PM)Joulle Wrote: That's just gibberish. 64 bit architecture cpus have been around for ages. Last 32 bit cpus were designed around 16 years ago.

The fuck are you talking about?

Gmod was made with a 32 bit cpu in mind (otherwise it would not be 32 bit ?????????????? ), and the last 32bit CPU was made more recently than 16 years
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]