Police metagaming
(05-12-2016, 11:26 AM)Reebs Wrote: Personally, I view it like this:

If there is a warrant on your property, the Police would be able to obtain your name from the City Records at Town Hall and be able to search the property after obtaining a warrant, if consent was not given. If Consent was given, then they have the right to search the property.

However, the warrant system for arresting somebody could be considered Metagaming because we wouldn't know your name without obtaining it via Drivers Liscense or similar. It all depends on how you view it.

The search warrants are fine, but the arrest warrants are just like you described.
Maybe this might interest you,  it might fix things if it is supported enough then implemented. 
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=69845
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Imo it isn't such a big issue,its not ''serious RP'' its ''Semi - Serious''
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
I usually request ID, unless suspect has already been cuffed for committing a crime. Then obviously when I search him all of his belongings come out ect. I've watched too many times officers ''sometimes including myself'' will automatically know someone's name off the bat. Good thing this is semi serious. Oh also if I EVER run plates, in real life information comes up so in my own mind I don't need to request information unless validating.
I hate when your job is something like "criminal" or something like that and cops just stare and stalk you. Or they just handcuff you, that happens sometimes.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(06-17-2016, 06:04 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: I hate when your job is something like "criminal" or something like that and cops just stare and stalk you. Or they just handcuff you, that happens sometimes.

That's a whole nother thing, and is indeed Metagaming.

OT: When arresting someone, I usually search them to make it as realistic as possible. However, like previously mentioned, this is a semi-serious RP server. 

That was a good 'theory' though, Mint..
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]