Police metagaming
This is the explanation of metagaming, according to the FLRP rules.

Code:
Metagaming

Metagaming is when you use Out-Of-Character (OOC) information In-Character (IC). What happens IC should stay IC, and anything OOC is not relevant to IC roleplay. You also cannot use IC information obtained from OOC sources, such as the scoreboard, which displays IC information such as jobs and character names.

For example, if you’re playing as a cop and someone is trying to enter the Nexus, but his job title on the scoreboard is “Undercover spy”, you can’t immediately know that he is undercover. You should act as if you have no idea he could potentially be an undercover spy. Whether or not you deduce that IC depends on how the RP progresses, but your character currently has no knowledge that he could be a spy.

You cannot use the OOC chat for IC advertisements or RP. For example, don’t attempt to ask for a lift in the OOC chat; you should instead try and call for a taxi or lift using /advert or other IC chat methods. Don’t try and sell or buy items on OOC chats either, though we do have a sub-forum specifically for this purpose. PM is generally considered to be both OOC and IC, but keep it in context, and don’t start PMing people you wouldn’t know IC to ask for lifts, etc.

If you believe that something is against the rules, you should still RP along, and just call an admin using @. Don’t try and stop the RP by saying that this is breaking the rules. You can inform them using local OOC, but unless the rule-breaking is blatant (i.e. someone is running around killing everybody or prop-pushing) you should continue to RP; you may be in the wrong, and then you would’ve stopped a valid RP for no reason.

The same applies to clan matters. Clans are strictly IC, and should stay that way. Don’t attempt to mix OOC and IC with clan matters. Just because a clan broke an IC law doesn’t mean that they’re breaking the rules. If a clan breaks a real-world (OOC) law, this doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re breaking an IC law, so keep things IC. This has actually been an issue a few times in the past.

How does police officers know everyones name without searching them for ID or asking for their name? They issue warrants without this information, and I am asking for the logic behind this. To me that's ridicolus and should be dealt with.

And if I understand the reply I got from asking in /help is correct, then I should not report them for metagaming, which they are. (Using OOC Information IC, AKA reading their name while aiming at them)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
That is a difficult thing to explain in my opinion. So I'm going to leave it for someone who knows what they're  talking about to explain it.  But just wondering, if we say that you're correct,  it makes no logical sense and must be corrected.  What would you suggest to make it more acceptable.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(05-11-2016, 02:11 PM)King Kickass Wrote: That is a difficult thing to explain in my opinion. So I'm going to leave it for someone who knows what they're  talking about to explain it.  But just wondering, if we say that you're correct,  it makes no logical sense and must be corrected.  What would you suggest to make it more acceptable.

Blacklist to metagaming cops, or provide a proper guide on how to be a police officer on here.
I generally will request an ID or will search them for it but with warranting, my thoughts are that you don't need a name to take them to the police station. When I warrant someone I think of it was sending them to the police station for further questioning and then court. At the police station, they will be questioned for their name .ect
The following 1 user Likes mintblackbeard's post:
  • Random
(05-11-2016, 02:55 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: I generally will request an ID or will search them for it but with warranting, my thoughts are that you don't need a name to take them to the police station. When I warrant someone I think of it was sending them to the police station for further questioning and then court. At the police station, they will be questioned for their name .ect

Thats funny when the cops get you warranted and then use their arrest stick and boom you spawn in jail.
The following 1 user Likes :-)'s post:
  • Haarek
(05-11-2016, 03:09 PM):-) Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 02:55 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: I generally will request an ID or will search them for it but with warranting, my thoughts are that you don't need a name to take them to the police station. When I warrant someone I think of it was sending them to the police station for further questioning and then court. At the police station, they will be questioned for their name .ect

Thats funny when the cops get you warranted and then use their arrest stick and boom you spawn in jail.

If you want to you can try coding a better "solution" Tounge
The following 1 user Likes Arkten's post:
  • MegaOmega

This is a Semi Serious RP server. Yes it is unrealistic, but that's why the 'Semi Serious' aspect is there. Mint gave a perfect explanation, and I do understand where you are coming from, but what mint says pretty much sums it up.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 3 users Like TheMJ's post:
  • MegaOmega, Random, mintblackbeard
Mint is right. Generally, in the UK, when they process someone through custody, compliant subjects get questioned by the shift custody sergeant. Non-compliant subjects, such as times in FL where they refuse to /me gives ID, go straight to the cell and are only questioned after.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 2 users Like Nuka's post:
  • King Kickass, MegaOmega

Well, not all cops do that. Some cops like to roleplay and have fun by bringing them to the Prison itself, roleplaying out the situation by getting them checked in as an example. Not every cop is going to just whack you with their arrest stick. As it is a semi-serious server not everyone is going to do that but as said before it's not all out realistic.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
Personally, I view it like this:

If there is a warrant on your property, the Police would be able to obtain your name from the City Records at Town Hall and be able to search the property after obtaining a warrant, if consent was not given. If Consent was given, then they have the right to search the property.

However, the warrant system for arresting somebody could be considered Metagaming because we wouldn't know your name without obtaining it via Drivers Liscense or similar. It all depends on how you view it.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]