Why is my processor burning?
So basically my processor is way to warm. It will get like 90c when playing gmod. I dont even dare to play games such as GTA V. It has the stock cooler, I have already bought the available water coolers where I live but none of them did fit in. Its around 60c-70c when idle.
My computer case is very cold though. Is there any way to fix this? How long will my processor survive?
I dont really expect an answer. I wrote this beacuse im bored. I would appreciate an answer though.
What kinda processor is it? Depending what model and how brutal you push it. It might be time to buy a new processor. I pushed my AMD Radeon graphics card to the edge. Had to buy Nvidia, quite happy that I did though. 560 ti is amazing.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
Smack it with a hammer
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 1 user Likes Chad's post:
  • horror
Pour a little bit of milk on it. (seriously.)

The fat in the milk acts as insulation, whilst the water acts as a channel and disipates heat. Seriously look it up, but do it quick!
A more fitting signature. 
IF it's an old processor, a change of thermal paste might help. Also if you don't know what coolers to buy check with your local computer store/repair center, I'm sure they can help you out!
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
The following 1 user Likes summotion's post:
  • Ceddyhmra
I had the same issue before.
Probably the cooling paste that needs to be replaced.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Ceddyhmra
I have already changed the thermal paste. I guess the only way to fix this is to buy another cooler. Thanks for your help though guys.
Does anybody know how long it will survive if i dont buy another cooler?
BTW Its an AMD A8 7650k. I have had it for a almost a year.
I have a similar APU. Upgrading soon to an i5 2500k, but still. That is a budget APU so I would assume it's a budget build; are your fans up to scratch, and have you OCed?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • Ceddyhmra
(04-22-2016, 11:22 AM)Nuka Wrote: I have a similar APU. Upgrading soon to an i5 2500k, but still. That is a budget APU so I would assume it's a budget build; are your fans up to scratch, and have you OCed?

I have never overclocked it as it Is really good already and can run good games such as GTA V on high.
My fans are good, I guess the only way to fix this is to buy a new cooler.
Last I remember they usually get that hot?

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Hitman's post:
  • Ceddyhmra