Should more in-game problems be solved by the justice system?
Hi everyone!

So for a couple of days now I've felt the need to bring this up as it is something which seems to affect more or less everyone on the server (on V2D at least).

It seems as if when a lot of people have a problem with something, they directly threaten to/do contact an admin.
Now I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but from my personal experience, admins have a lot of things on their plates and dealing with someone who think that an unfair arrest (note: not the same as random arrest) is worth wasting an admins time on.

A lot of the time, these are things which could easily be dealt with IC, where the President as well as the Sergeants would only need to take a bit more responsibility on what his or her's staff is actually doing to the citizens.

Now I'm not here to bring a perfect solution (if so this would have been in the suggestions folder), in fact I would like to know if anyone else feels the same way, and if it would need something to be done about.

For further discussion, I'm obviously not trying to tell anyone to not bring an admin if someone is doing something clearly breaking the rules, but unless someone is RDMing, CDMing, minging, etc. It shouldn't have to constitute as an emergency, and I feel that a lot of the time people simply don't want to go to jail so they rather bring an admin, start a discussion about something completely random and if they're lucky, they'll be let go. There is not really a punishment for trying to avoid something (yes, it's in the rules, but I have yet to see someone actually being taken action towards due to an infraction of this) so a lot of people simply try it because "hey, why not?".

If this was to be a suggestion, my personal idea would be something like a court house, where there would for example be a judge (which could be overruled by the President), lawyers, prosecutors, etc. and anyone who is arrested for a crime would first have to defend themselves in court (unless they accept the arrest directly of course).
Not only would this free a lot of the admins up from what is basically day care, it would also enhance the IC setting and not take everyone out of the RP just because someone isn't happy about the result of their own actions.

So, now I'd like to hear what you all think of something like this.
Would you like to see a court system?
Do you prefer that admins babysit everyone, thus also making wait times longer when you actually need help?
Don't see this as a problem at all?

Whatever your opinion is, share it!
Most people who report random arrest are just pissy that something is not going their way and just try to delay the arrest to piss off the person arresting them. Only about 10% of the time from what I have seen the arrests are truly random. But if someone threatens to call an admin because you're arresting them, just do it. If you're needed in an admin sit you will be brought.

And yes we do have a lot on our plates and there are certain cases that take a long time. I can be sitting on a roof interrogating a double accounter for a good 45 minutes sometimes and I can't just leave in the middle of prying for information to handle another call. 

Hitman
Fearless Administrator
The following 4 users Like Hitman's post:
  • Awestruck, MegaOmega, Yellow, goigle!
(04-04-2016, 11:31 AM)Hitman Wrote: Most people who report random arrest are just pissy that something is not going their way and just try to delay the arrest to piss off the person arresting them. Only about 10% of the time from what I have seen the arrests are truly random. But if someone threatens to call an admin because you're arresting them, just do it. If you're needed in an admin sit you will be brought.

And yes we do have a lot on our plates and there are certain cases that take a long time. I can be sitting on a roof interrogating a double accounter for a good 45 minutes sometimes and I can't just leave in the middle of prying for information to handle another call. 

Hitman
Fearless Administrator

Thank you for your response Hitman!

I agree with you completely, but I'm still curious as to whether or not you would think that a court system would be fun/useful?
The use being for people to defend their actions for things which aren't against the rules, but might be against a law.
For example: Someone was speeding through the city and accidentally hit someone. It would then be up to a judge to decide whether or not they should go to jail, get a fine, or be freed.
I can see many fun RP situations with this (corrupt judge, lawyer - attorney battle, lawyer companies which would promise to defend people for money, etc.)

Now, the only problem I can see is where an action would be doubtably against the rules (where would for example the line between CDM and accident be if no one except the witnesses where there to see?)
More forum threads aren't exactly optimal either, as this would just make for even more paper work and having to sort through images, videos, etc.

Anyway, food for thought!
nope
5char
That would be nice if we would have courthouse and more that stuff.

I agree that this should be handle in IC. Not making admins respond ever time about random arrest.