Admin AFK Timer
(03-13-2016, 09:57 AM)Avgar Wrote: I've read the replies from both staff and players, therefore, taking into account the expressed concerns I've come to a solution that could be beneficial to both sides.

It would work like this:
After being afk for more than 30 minutes, staff would no longer receive a salary and their hours wouldn't increase. They would still not be auto-disconnected from the server.

As for it happening on the build server, I'd make it so that /swapmap would still work if all staff online are afk (for 30 minutes).

What do you think? Any suggestions on how to improve this system?

If they would be on the normal server, I would suggest removing their name from the tab menu as when an admin is AFK, alot of people get frustrated as the admin does not reply to them. Just a thought Smile
The following 1 user Likes Gog's post:
  • Danny Boy
(03-13-2016, 10:01 AM)Edned Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 09:57 AM)Avgar Wrote: I've read the replies from both staff and players, therefore, taking into account the expressed concerns I've come to a solution that could be beneficial to both sides.

It would work like this:
After being afk for more than 30 minutes, staff would no longer receive a salary and their hours wouldn't increase. They would still not be auto-disconnected from the server.

As for it happening on the build server, I'd make it so that /swapmap would still work if all staff online are afk (for 30 minutes).

This is a nice idea, however this does not resolve the @ Call problem. Unless it changes their job name in the Scoreboard to [AFK] or something.

Yes Ed, the original point of the suggestion was not to get rid of admin's perks to stay online, just to decrease the amount of 'spam' in OOC when admins go afk for hours on end. Honestly Avgar, i dont know if removing their salary is completely needed but maybe after around 30 minutes of been afk, admins could be removed from the player list and made invisible. This would mean they would be able to go afk, nobody would know they were there, and everyone is happy?

Im not sure, but either way, up to you avgar.

The following 1 user Likes Danny Boy's post:
  • Edned
(03-13-2016, 09:57 AM)Avgar Wrote: -snip-

+ Support
The following 1 user Likes Spear's post:
  • Danny Boy
I see, you want to prevent OOC spam when admins don't respond and they're actually afk, I get that.

As you said, we could hide them from the scoreboard as well as from being shown using the /admins command.

I'll speak to some staff, see how they feel about this.
The following 2 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Gog, Danny Boy

It would work like this:

Mega +support
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Danny Boy
(03-13-2016, 01:14 PM)Marty Wrote:

It would work like this:

Mega +support

^
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Danny Boy
-Neutral

[Image: q0mJ7Zo.png]

Click HERE to PM me / + Rep me
The following 1 user Likes rhxogns02's post:
  • Danny Boy
+Support
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:86292248&b=6]
The following 1 user Likes Kurz's post:
  • Danny Boy
(03-13-2016, 12:35 PM)Avgar Wrote: I see, you want to prevent OOC spam when admins don't respond and they're actually afk, I get that.

As you said, we could hide them from the scoreboard as well as from being shown using the /admins command.

I'll speak to some staff, see how they feel about this.

I know this post was a long time ago, but just wanted to see if there was any update?

(03-13-2016, 01:14 PM)Marty Wrote:

It would work like this:

Mega +support
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 1 user Likes Eclipze's post:
  • Danny Boy