Admin AFK Timer
This has got nothing to do with being just a perk for us, the admins. We have it because we need to hop in/out of the game constantly, some cases take longer then 15 minutes of going through logs, other times we simply need to tab out of the game due to meetings.

It is here because it actually does make our job easier.

-Support.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Hitman
(03-12-2016, 10:26 PM)Jan Wrote: This has got nothing to do with being just a perk for us, the admins. We have it because we need to hop in/out of the game constantly, some cases take longer then 15 minutes of going through logs, other times we simply need to tab out of the game due to meetings.

-Support.

That still hasn't explained why there is occasions some admins are AFK for over an hour. Surely logs aren't that confusing.

What about an AFK slot that you don't earn any salary and your hours/server time doesn't increase at all. Surely then this "perk" wouldn't be required thence forth you wouldn't get kicked in this job slot.

Problem solved.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-12-2016, 10:26 PM)Jan Wrote: This has got nothing to do with being just a perk for us, the admins. We have it because we need to hop in/out of the game constantly, some cases take longer then 15 minutes of going through logs, other times we simply need to tab out of the game due to meetings.

-Support.

That and the fact showing presence on the server actually keeps alot of people from minging around, I've personally found out.
Believe it or not it has more upsides than downsides.
On top of that OOC has a shitstorm going on half the time anyway. 
If only this would be considered one of the bigger problems you'd experience as a staff member, sadly not the case.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • sebasti161
Then the no hour or salary would still show you are on the server. Instead of an admin sitting there for hours earning salary without actually playing.
I can't speak for ALL staff members but for majority though when I say we've got millions in spare ingame money already anyway.
Couldn't care less for the petty 80 bucks every 5 minutes..
Even so I think it'd be unnecessary to remove any of it.

Like I said before, I don't get the whole ''underpowering FL staff team'' movement going on lately.
Certain people are trying to rid us of all 'perks' we have, of the little we even got.

Can I remind you we still clean the servers up on a daily, we deal with everything considered rule breakage.
In the end what do we get for it? Usually either a bunch of asskissing or the complete opposite.
At the end of the day players tend to forget we still keep the servers clean so that we can all enjoy ourselves.
We get taken for granted every single day, I think it's about time that stops and people can realise we get jack shit for what we do, but we do it so everyone can have their enjoyable moments on a game they love. /rant

Agorith
Fearless Moderator
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Hitman, Skummet
(03-12-2016, 10:25 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 10:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote: +Support, certain staff members abuses this to farm hours which gives an unfair advantage for the regular members

To Greed: How precisely is it an "advantage"?
                Me personally, I don't even want to have as many hours as I have.

To all players: I don't get what it is with the whole movement going on trying to underpower staff members nowadays.
                      We get perks, deal with it basically.
                      We don't get paid, least we can have for all the shit we deal with on a daily basis is small 'perks' like this.

-Support

Agorith
Fearless Moderator

Cause we have to actively get out hours unlike for example turtle who on multiple occasions has been afk farming hours on the build server
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • Gog
But if staff members are exploiting the no AFK kick timer then what do we do ? Sit and record them for two hours then post an AA ? Get a fucking grip man.

Its a "perk" thats being exploited for hour whoring and free money. There is simply no need for anyone to be AFK for over an hour on a Tuesday morning at 2AM....

Other than to farm hours and money.

Lets be realistic, not everyone is "staff hating" some of us just dont cover our eyes and can actually look beyond the bullshit at times.

It is genuinely not necessary.
yeah add the afk timer to rid the server of paperweight staff
I've read the replies from both staff and players, therefore, taking into account the expressed concerns I've come to a solution that could be beneficial to both sides.

It would work like this:
After being afk for more than 30 minutes, staff would no longer receive a salary and their hours wouldn't increase. They would still not be auto-disconnected from the server.

As for it happening on the build server, I'd make it so that /swapmap would still work if all staff online are afk (for 30 minutes).

What do you think? Any suggestions on how to improve this system?
The following 7 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Edned, Gog, Spear, Marty, Chumps, sebasti161, Coffee
(03-13-2016, 09:57 AM)Avgar Wrote: I've read the replies from both staff and players, therefore, taking into account the expressed concerns I've come to a solution that could be beneficial to both sides.

It would work like this:
After being afk for more than 30 minutes, staff would no longer receive a salary and their hours wouldn't increase. They would still not be auto-disconnected from the server.

As for it happening on the build server, I'd make it so that /swapmap would still work if all staff online are afk (for 30 minutes).

What do you think? Any suggestions on how to improve this system?

This is a nice idea, however this does not resolve the @ Call problem. Unless it changes their job name in the Scoreboard to [AFK] or something.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
The following 1 user Likes Edned's post:
  • sebasti161