[03/03-2016] Updated Rules
(03-10-2016, 11:21 AM)TheCasanova Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 09:23 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 02:16 AM)THE ROCK Wrote: "1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC."

Never understand why such rule , lets see , in real life people can insult each other and everybody must protect thereself , insulting isnt big deal , at least should be able to insult in IC ......

Poor kids who got offended by some words

I completely agree. I think Fearless is getting really PG-13 to be honest. Rules like this just completely limit RP IC and if it's REALLY bad IC you can call the police.

You could technically say that dictators are always discriminating when they ban cars, corlones ,rebels, the internet as discrimination is targeting a group.

With regard to OOC I feel that Racism should be banned and equally sexism but discrimination shouldn't.

How would unbanning discrimination in OOC benefit you?

Allows people to voice their opinion rather than being shutdown for discrimination.

(03-10-2016, 11:27 AM)Infernaw Wrote: I don't see how it's PG-13 when that kind of behaviour isn't tolerated in many games and IRL?

Let me guess. "It's the internet"?

So why do you allow drugs in Fearless? It isn't tolerated in many games and IRL. If that is your reason for that rule being in place I expect drugs to be removed from Fearless.
Why would you want to have a piece of shit racist character anyway?

That's my number one question.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-10-2016, 11:56 AM)Marty Wrote: Why would you want to have a piece of shit racist character anyway?

That's my number one question.

It's RP.

Yes it's not tolerated elsewhere in the real world, but it still happens. People can come to FL for the freedom and ability to RP such characters without being banned.

This doesn't mean someone joins and boom they can just shout "ni**er" at everyone or "white boy". It needs to be set up initially and RP'd properly with the correct character attributes (description, etc.).
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • , mgdwszx
Racism shouldn't be encouraged regardless if it's "RP" or not it's still offensive to people and can quite easily cause offence in real life.

Gawd just because it's RP doesn't give you a right to go do whatever the fuck you want. There is boundaries they have now been set, follow them.

If you don't like it, don't play ?
(03-10-2016, 12:09 PM)Marty Wrote: Racism shouldn't be encouraged regardless if it's "RP" or not it's still offensive to people and can quite easily cause offence in real life.

Gawd just because it's RP doesn't give you a right to go do whatever the fuck you want. There is boundaries they have now been set, follow them.

If you don't like it, don't play ?

You're not really discussing, you're trying to shut down.

I don't like the weapons, so I should stop playing instead of making a suggestion and discuss things? I don't like the drug system, maybe I should suggest some new things? Nah fuck it I'm leaving. - What you're saying is rather ignorant to be honest, I don't exactly NOT like the fact we can't use racism and other insulting behaviour/language I just feel it's restrictive.

Again as I explained this doesn't give you the ability to "do whatever the fuck you want" as I said it must be RP'd efficiently and properly before even being able to use language or behaviour as such.

I understand your point of view, we're just discussing reasons to re-instate the system so there is no need to shut me down, I respect what you have said.
I don't mean to be disrespectful to you. However racism regardless of whether it's Roleplay is something I cannot stand. Real life, Internet, fake or not it's grossly insulting and has no place in modern society that's why I don't see it fit for it to be allowed on this server.
For the brief moment racism, discrimination and sexism was allowed ingame, alot of people took the opportunity to abuse it.
It's kind of the sole reason it got put back in the rules in the first place really.

Agorith
Fearless Moderator
(03-10-2016, 12:50 PM)Agorith Wrote: For the brief moment racism, discrimination and sexism was allowed ingame, alot of people took the opportunity to abuse it.
It's kind of the sole reason it got put back in the rules in the first place really.

Agorith
Fearless Moderator

How can you 'abuse' it? Just curious.
I dont really understand why people want racism back so badly? When it was allowed it didnt improve many RP's on the servers and was largely used by people who just used it for the sole purpose the be offensive. I have yet to see any RP's where racism improved the overall experience for everyone.

There are many, many situations where 1 person was being IG discriminated while the experience wasnt fun for that player. I get why it is fun for the person being racist, but its rarely fun for the players on the receiving end and seeing from the comments here that isnt taken into consideration.
(03-10-2016, 11:47 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 11:21 AM)TheCasanova Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 09:23 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 02:16 AM)THE ROCK Wrote: "1.13 Racism, sexism and discrimination (i.e. homophobia) is not allowed OOC and IC."

Never understand why such rule , lets see , in real life people can insult each other and everybody must protect thereself , insulting isnt big deal , at least should be able to insult in IC ......

Poor kids who got offended by some words

I completely agree. I think Fearless is getting really PG-13 to be honest. Rules like this just completely limit RP IC and if it's REALLY bad IC you can call the police.

You could technically say that dictators are always discriminating when they ban cars, corlones ,rebels, the internet as discrimination is targeting a group.

With regard to OOC I feel that Racism should be banned and equally sexism but discrimination shouldn't.

How would unbanning discrimination in OOC benefit you?

Allows people to voice their opinion rather than being shutdown for discrimination.

I don't see how a discriminatory opinion should be relevant in OOC?