The lack of roleplay.
I already have made a thread about this issue here
I try to engage in passive aggressive combat on the server, the police officer turns around and shoots me.
"RP" is not running a store.
"RP" is correctly playing your role.
SRU on the third floor, not patrolling is good RP.
A rebel mugging someone through the use of roleplay commands is good RP.

As I am not fond of building stores in Garry's Mod, Therefore I have amounted to the grand total of 0 RRPs on the server, whereas some dudes get RPP for standing in said store. What?

TLCheeseR: Roleplay should be more enforced on the server.
The following 2 users Like User 14519's post:
  • Greed^, ryan!
Spot on really @staff
Yup, I have 2RPP both of which are from Enzyme as back when they were all staff he was really the only one that gave RPP for aggressive RP. I mean I got an RP point for being Head SRU when he was a rebel and they had set up a heist, they eventually got killed, and the rest surrendered, but tactically using the SRU to my advantage controlling the police as well at that point earned me that RPP and it was fun.

But now, lol. You'll be lucky.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Well roleplayed agressive RP's have been rewarded with RPP's in the past, just not as much as passive RP's. Agressive RP is usually just alot mingier than Passive RP is, simple really. That's just my opinion.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Grunt, Link
I've had a couple of RPP for AggressiveRP too, it's just how dedicated you're willing to be towards the role.
I don't see why shop/services RP (e.g. Barbers, bakery) is not considered good RP. It all depends on how well you do it.

Shop/Services RP get noticed more.
(03-02-2016, 05:30 PM)MegaOmega Wrote: I don't see why shop/services RP (e.g. Barbers, bakery) is not considered good RP. It all depends on how well you do it.

Shop/Services RP get noticed more.

JUST
I don't wish to ignite a raging inferno, however I would like to say there was a reason the last post you made was locked (but isn't now for some reason).

In this post, I am going to break down your argument and counter it like an anti-ballistic missile.

Whether you like it or not, you will always meet a violent end if you engage in 'passive aggressive combat'. This entire statement you have provided is contradictory and hypocritical, as you complain that he 'turns around and shoots me', even though you have self admitted to engaging in 'combat'. You can't expect someone not to retaliate to aggressive behaviour if you provide them a valid reason to do so, as it is innate prime evil instinct and necessity of human nature to rebel. 

In addition to this, it is not against the rules to use brutal force if aggravated - people are not afraid to do it if there is no consequence for their actions, as they are completely covered by the 'he started it' argument. Even if the moral thing to do is to try and end a situation peacefully (which is a rule I always attempt to adhear to), most people will always try and impose their will onto someone else, as, quite honestly, its fun. After all, GMod is still a game - even if it is a roleplay server closely mimicking real life. I could understand you argument if this was a serious roleplay community, however seeing as Fearless is branded as 'semi-serious', your anger towards the subject is unjustified as your initial actions trigger the response, that you know deep-down is inevitable.

Contrastingly, you also complain about 'RP'. You claim that 'rp is not running a store', but then go on again to contradict yourself by claiming 'rp is correctly playing your role'. By running a store, YOU ARE PLAYING YOUR ROLE! If you are a gun dealer, you are playing your role by creating a gun shop; if you are a chef, you are playing your role by creating a restaurant. Even though I can agree that roleplay doesn't always have to concern commercial businesses, you cannot just exclude them because you are 'not fond of building stores in Garry's Mod'. The ironic reality is, your lack of enthusiasm represents that you do not deserve roleplay points that you are covertly complaining about in this thread. If you really want to roleplay for points, you are going to HAVE to become fond of building, otherwise you will not get rewarded. Anyway, roleplaying for points takes the fun out of the whole idea...

Linking back to my previous point, I agree with you that it is hard to earn roleplay points from things other than build-orientated roleplays and events, however can you really expect your /mes and /its to be rewarded when you are not under scrutiny? Only staff and teachers can give out roleplay points - how do they know you are not just conducting the roleplay commands around them to gain a point and trust? If anything, it will provide a negative affect. By running a shop, you are sadly ensured that you will get noticed, and you roleplay efforts will not go missed. This is the whole reason you are more likely to get a point when you do a shop roleplay compared to a personal roleplay - you are percieved as putting greater effort in, even if sometimes that is not the case. I always put effort into personal character development and roleplay, and I have never been rewarded for it... nor do I want to - it's just something I enjoy doing and that's why I do it, not for any numerical rewards.

People who get roleplay points (99.9% of the time) actually deserve the points, as they are handed out for exceptional roleplay. You probably haven't roleplayed exceptionally, and I am afraid to say that standing on the 3rd floor of the Nexus as SRU or mugging someone with /mes or /its (which could potentially be powergaming) is not exceptional roleplay - it's what is expected of the job... it is standard behaviour on this server that most people abide by.

Ofcourse, not everyone does this, but they are still in some extent roleplaying - you don't have to mug someone though words and commands, but impose someone under fearrp and ask for $500. There is absaloutely nothing against that, and there never will be.

You talk about roleplay like it is a rule that can be broken... yes, failrp is against the rules, however in your argument you are clearly stating that ''lazy roleplay'' should be sanctioned, or as you put it 'enfored'.

So, my advice to you is:
  • Stop complaining about things, as nothing will change as a result. It just creates mindless arguments that will no doubtably ignite into a bigger and toxic discussion.
  • Learn to build. Many, many more opportunities will open up to you in Fearless if you do so. I can help you with this if you want.
  • Stop roleplaying for points... it takes all the fun out of the prospect if you actually trying to achieve something. It leads to frustration if you do not achieve your goal.
To conclude, roleplay is, and always will be, a controversial subject. Many people have many different views on it, all based off of unique personal experiences. You need to play around and tailor your attitude to fit in with the objective of roleplay - to have fun. If you do not do this, it becomes meaningless and just another thing to become frustrated at. I learnt that lesson long ago, and the general idea of roleplay has never been the same since.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

The following 4 users Like Link's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Brikaas, Grunt, Joulle
I don't roleplay purely for RPP.
My point is that roleplay should be enforced, reading the rules should be mandatory.
I tried to take an SRU hostage, the units did not comply with my demands of roleplay money, I tried to execute the officer publicly, The sergeant pulled his gun out on me, and I was tased behind by an officer. I'd rather play British Borders than play this stinking shitpile of a server.

I can't enjoy a good experience on the server, The administrators don't care, there are more rulebreakers than not and the server is worse than ever.
Being a "Semi-Serious" server. I've seen unserious servers have a more constant flow of roleplay than there are in say, a roleplay firefight.
But I'm mistaken, There are no roleplay firefights, most of the players are only in this for the scripts.
As a wise server questionnaire said:
You do not need scripts to roleplay, Do you understand?
(03-02-2016, 06:16 PM)Simply Goose Wrote: I don't roleplay purely for RPP.
My point is that roleplay should be enforced, reading the rules should be mandatory.
I tried to take an SRU hostage, the units did not comply with my demands of roleplay money, I tried to execute the officer publicly, The sergeant pulled his gun out on me, and I was tased behind by an officer. I'd rather play British Borders than play this stinking shitpile of a server.

"I'd rather play british Borders than play this stinking shitpile of a server."

Fairly sure there's more mature ways to express your opinion about FL servers.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • Link