Poll: does aliens exist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
87.50%
21 87.50%
No
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

does aliens exist? post your opinion : )
It mainly depends on the planet itself, the distance between it and its star, and perhaps any other planets of its solar system.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The universe is to big for us to be the only planet to support life on.
Yes, I do. And there's probably more than one kind of aliens. The Universe is friggin' HUGE and the possibility of us being the only one in it scares me more than the thought of some high-tech alien race out to get other races/planets.
I'm not sure I agree with Raffi on the homo-sapiens thingy, but he does have a point that it depends on a lot of things in and around the planet. Creatures living on a high-gravity planet would have a very strong skeleton, perhaps a ton of legs to keep them going (like catepillars), whilst a low-gravity planet could host huge creatures. There's even possibilites for creatures living on gas planets, and if the gas there is dence enough, they could "swim" through the air on that planet.
The Universe is an amazing place really :3
(10-25-2011, 08:31 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I don't think that aliens exist on earth, I do believe that there is life on some of those billions of planets.

This.

There could be life on some of the other planets like Soul mentioned.
(10-25-2011, 08:23 PM)temar Wrote: I dont know about any evidence or if they have visited earth or what, that might all be aload of crap
but I do think there is a high chance they do exists as the universe is VERY large
and there is life on earth so im sure there is other places too

Exactly.

To sum up, it's pretty much guarenteed that there's life on other planets somewhere in the universe (it can be estimated by the Drake Equation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation).

As for them visting here already, that's far less likely.

Although, they would look kind of how the movies show them - it's statistically more likely that they would be bipedal (walking on two legs), and that they'll be symettric (i.e 2 eyes etc). Any more than 2 eyes would be a waste of energy, so it's unlikely they'd need more than 2 of things.
but there is found water on mars what do you guys think of that?
and a life needs water to live.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
(10-27-2011, 04:36 PM)sliwa Wrote: but there is found water on mars what do you guys think of that?
and a life needs water to live.

Well there is water there, but life doesnt necessarily need water to live. And the water they found on Mars was basically just some retro ice.

Saturn's moon Titan, on the other hand, actually has liquid on it Cheese http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(moon) which is pretty awesome. Other than Earth it's the only planet we know to have liquid on its surface I think (mars has ice, which is solid)
well the interesting thing, about 100 years humans will live on mars, if it was already warmed up we would maybe live there now.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)

I think Europa is our next best candidate for another form life to possibly exist in our solar system; it could possibly harbor a form of chemo synthetic life. If it does in fact hold life I think it could be possible that life is way more common in our universe then we think. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I think another form of life exists somewhere in our galaxy. I would be very surprised if we were exclusive to this huge cluster of stars and swirling masses.
I actually do believe, another form of life, exists 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000- miles, or less away.