FSX
The default setting is real time (or I think) but you can speed it up.
I play quite a bit, and yes DVN, it is 7 hours IRL time
The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • DVN
I do it real time, you can speed it up if you want.

The time actually passes fairly quickly! Also good if I'm studying and what not.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • juicyorange, Mist
(09-24-2015, 01:39 PM)aviator Wrote: I do it real time, you can speed it up if you want.

The time actually passes fairly quickly! Also good if I'm studying and what not.

Do you sort of just adjust controls at appropriate times then just let it fly in autopilot for so long and stuff?
(09-24-2015, 01:49 PM)DVN Wrote: Do you sort of just adjust controls at appropriate times then just let it fly in autopilot for so long and stuff?

I do most of the flight on autopilot. While that's going I just monitor the flight, controls, flight management computers, fuel, progress et cetera. I like to hand fly the final approach though once stable on ILS.
Regards,
aviator
(09-24-2015, 02:20 PM)aviator Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 01:49 PM)DVN Wrote: Do you sort of just adjust controls at appropriate times then just let it fly in autopilot for so long and stuff?

I do most of the flight on autopilot. While that's going I just monitor the flight, controls, flight management computers, fuel, progress et cetera. I like to hand fly the final approach though once stable on ILS.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding anything.. But are you saying that you can have autopilot on when it's landing?
Seems more like a screensaver game to me. Just leave it running on autopilot then listen to music while you browse the interwebs. Tounge
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(09-24-2015, 04:20 PM)Mist Wrote: Not sure if I'm misunderstanding anything.. But are you saying that you can have autopilot on when it's landing?

Yeah, it's possible for the aircraft to land automatically if the airport has that capability. I usually disengage the autopilot around 1'000-3'000 feet depending on the weather Tounge

In the real world on modern airliners, the auto-throttles tend to be on 100% of the time and the autopilot shortly after takeoff to usually a bit before landing or if the weather is bad all the way through touchdown. The pilots don't just sit back though, needs constant monitoring and has to be set up and what not.

(09-24-2015, 04:27 PM)Midget Wrote: Seems more like a screensaver game to me. Just leave it running on autopilot then listen to music while you browse the interwebs. Tounge

I'd say that's quite accurate xD
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Haarek
Anyone ever had experience with X-Plane 10?

It took me two months to download (Approx. 85Gb) on a Dial-Up-Like download speed. One upside to the wait was the £500+ worth of payware airports, landscape and aircraft - some of which I can say are extremely comparable to real life. After all, Pilots do use the X-Plane series to do their simulator qualifications.

The contrast in quality of realistic gameplay between FSX and X-Plane 10 is truly a whole different box of frogs.
[Image: source.gif]
Love FSX - I operate the 737... I know its old and stuff, but its my favorite!
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]