signature size limit
Didn't their use to be a signature size limit? I've noticed people's signatures are getting progressively larger...
When your signature takes up the majority of the space on a 1080p screen it's probably too big:
[Image: raRK34z.png]

This is a forum, not a photo gallery, and pages don't need to be miles long because of massive signatures.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
I normally keep signatures I create for people 500x500 to 700x700 maximum.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • goigle!
Yea, a maximum size would be nice.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The following 1 user Likes Ali's post:
  • goigle!
(01-25-2016, 04:51 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: I normally keep signatures I create for people 500x500 to 700x700 maximum.

Even that is a little too big. I think it's fine that the base signature size is that (mine is about that size but I resized it) but they could at least scale it down to maybe 250px-300px.
It doesn't make a big difference with one post, but it does when everyone starts having large signatures.

10 posts with a 250px signature is 2,500 pixels or about 2 1/2 pages of scrolling on a standard monitor size.
10 posts with 500px signature is 5,000 pixels or about 4 2/3 pages of scrolling.
10 posts with 700px signature is 7,000 pixels or about 6 1/2 pages of scrolling.

That's just for signatures alone, no content. I would say that your signature could be smaller but I think at that size it's not a big deal.

For reference, in the screenshot I posted the signature is 480px high + 1 line of text. Combine that with all the profile data and post controls and it takes just about the entire screen for only 2 words of content.

The signature height should not be 10 times bigger than the height of the content of the post.
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • Haarek
I think there is a maximum. But if there no limit, I think Soul should create a Maximum. I know my Picture is a little big, but I think its still "Okay". I also saw guys with a veeeeery big Picture. Like this: http://www.cafe-sellberg.de/wp-content/u...00x900.jpg
(01-25-2016, 06:20 PM)ModernFail Wrote: I think there is a maximum. But if there no limit, I think Soul should create a Maximum. I know my Picture is a little big, but I think its still "Okay". I also saw guys with a veeeeery big Picture. Like this: http://www.cafe-sellberg.de/wp-content/u...00x900.jpg

It's just a little to much on the height mate, making the pages a lot longer as Goigle said.

The limit should be re-introduced.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • ModernFail
That is why I'm using Fearless Classic, it adds a scrollbar to signatures..
[Image: 593c6e3b61.jpg]
The following 6 users Like Rylund's post:
  • Kahjo, Kippsee, ModernFail, Grunt, Doctor KuLa, Jerrycat
(01-26-2016, 10:07 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote: That is why I'm using Fearless Classic, it adds a scrollbar to signatures..
[Image: 593c6e3b61.jpg]

fearless light is better optimized for mobile ;)
and anyway why can't this be on fearless light, the newer & default theme?

but yeah this is what I was talking about the signature size limit, I didn't realize it is still in the classic theme