Toxicity
Quote:Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Greetings fellow members of Fearless,

I am writing this to you all because of the things I have been seeing on the forums and in game recently. I have seen constant toxicity in almost every part of the forums, people showing zero respect for others, and flame wars around every corner. If we do not do something to fix this, it will be our downfall. I am not going to name any names, seeing as so many are guilty of it, from all sides of the community. I am tired of seeing this community, one which many of us call home, torn apart by petty grudges and rivalries. People have even left the community because of this inhospitable attitude. I have seen enough, and I feel it is time for a change. 

I know many of you have someone else in the community that you do not like, hell, even despise with every fiber of your being. I want you to forgive this person. I know it isn't going to be easy, and it never will be, but I want you to tell that person, "I know we have had disagreements in the past, but I want you to know I forgive you.".  Let them know that the past is in the past, and we can all move forward together. That is the only way we can save this community. I can understand if there are clan rivalries, or other IC disputes that are able to pour over into OOC, but we have to be stronger than that, and know that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if one clan is stronger than the other, it doesn't matter who beat you in a raid, it only matters how we channel these feelings. We can either succumb to hate, or grow stronger though love for one another. I know it sounds cheesy, but just give it a chance, and it will work. Take an extra five minutes today to make amends with your worst enemy, to show them that we are one, not some fragmented quagmire of spiteful people, but a community of people who care for one another. We have been through so much over the years, it would be pitiful to be undone by such things.
Thank you, 

JerryCat
The following 4 users Like Jerrycat's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, summotion, Wobbuffet, Awestruck
"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith; and Where there is despair, may we bring hope." - Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister - 1979-1990
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Marty, Grunt
(01-20-2016, 01:08 AM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Where there is discord

Even more of a reason for my suggestion to be approved.....I personally blame teamspeak.

"Don't trust internet quotes" - Jesus Christ 1957

OT: I agree though, a lot of people are acting like asses, myself included but then again I am always like that, but sometimes I am reading through the forums or OOC and some of the things people come away with is just downright disrespectful and shitty.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Grunt, Emil
I'm definately guilty of unloading on some people. I only actually have three enemies here. Ryan!, Fultzy, and Joey Skylynx. None of them will ever be forgiven as all three have attempted to or succeed in causing significant damage here. The group I'm boxing with now, are small fish, this is the best time to set them on the right track. They presently are nearly untouchable, perks of having personal friends as high up as they do. They took some shit shots at my old clan, staff members in and out of that clan, basically anyone who offered them a counter point has been slandered. I'm much too proud to let these things slide, but at the end of the day, they are barely on my radar.

Toxic groups come and go here. Some people have labelled me as toxic as well. I accept that judgement because I spend so much time fighting toxic people that I tend to get a bit toxic too. Fight fire with fire and all. That judgement can't stop me from doing what has to be done. Some of these people deserve what they get. The ones who don't I eventually apologize to and fight just as hard for as I did against. The problem comes up when the community starts losing people to things that shouldn't happen in the first place. Right now an entire clan may potentially close it's doors because simply being a member means that this community is allowed to talk massive trash about you without fear of admin interaction. Why won't the admins act? Because if they do, they too find themselves accused and treated like dirt. People like me exist because people like them do. Since the team is required to just bend over and take it, I stand up and fight hard for them. My ability to juggle the warn system is pretty good, as you can tell by my still standing.

This thread is right though, neither I, nor those I go after really have a place here. We are both equally not good for the house as a whole. They start doing bad shit, I do it right back to them. If these people didn't exist, trust me, I'd be very quiet like I used to be. I think the reason I fight as hard as I do against these types of people, is because they complain about things they know nearly nothing about. Like that dude crying about bias while the owner is covering his ass. I was treated like dirt by this community once I made moderator, only the other staff were decent to me most the time. Only got worse once I made admin, then my demotion obviously those people I punished came out of the woodwork with their jabs, wearing a veteran tag also brings a lot of hate from newer players as they cite "You aren't staff anymore, you can't tell me" when all you're trying to do is keep them FROM breaking rules, then I was out of the SAA which brings more anti SAA haters, and it's just been a giant ball since. These people TALK about bias, TALK about people hating them, TALK about all sorts of crap. They KNOW very little in most cases.

I'd apologize for being a bitter man who directly and aggressively attacks negative people, but I'm a product of this community. People treated me like that for so long that when I see it, I go full steam into them, and just prepare for the ban that has yet to hit me. I'm more amazed than any of you, how long I've been allowed to get away with my tactics. I offer those I've gone after no apology.

To the rest of the community that has to suffer though my bullshit, for the impact it has on them, I apologize. This community is the reason I fight hard, it's never been something I've targeted for an attack of any kind. I really wish people would see past the fact that they get called out, actually try to process the information and then form a reply, but most these kids just knee jerk, assuming I'm just a guy who comes on here, makes a scene, and leaves. Few take the time to sort it out or actually try to communicate back constructively, the ones who do tend scold me for how I do it, but they at least know that my intentions stay pure. I'll be out yall's hair soon. Again, I apologize to those bystanders who had to watch and be offended, but not to any one of those people I called out. If I take the time out of my day to call you out, obviously there is a good reason.

Good luck in cleaning up the place. I'd say I'd love to help, but no one wants me around right now, much less my help with anything.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Hitman, summotion, mgdwszx
Yup, 100% my fault by the looks of the thread name
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 8 users Like Toxic's post:
  • NightHawkd, Doctor KuLa, FEaRIeZz, Marty, Old Man Jokhah, Wobbuffet, Awestruck, Grunt
I don't think anything going on is going to have an impact on the community. Players come and go and some people believe they are more important than others...

You say that Fearless is getting torn apart, I disagree. I think some people are very self-centered and don't think about all the others that play on the server. Not everyone is on the forums, and there is only a very small part of the total players on fearless everyday that takes part or pays attention to this "crisis".
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I did go on my own little journey of being stupid and just fighting anyone, but personally I'm just done with it now. I was childish, as were others to me but I just want to have fun and play at the end of the day.

Could agree more with your post.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
"Yes we can" - Winston Churchill.
The following 1 user Likes rand0m0mg's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
I merely stand up for my beliefs and they don't always go well with others which may give a bad outlook on me. After apologising to Grub at one stage for disrespecting him only for him to shove it back in my face, I have never respected him since. Therefore, from now on I will only apologise to anyone who deserves it and will do so publicly on this thread.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
(01-20-2016, 03:42 PM)_AwestruckBullet_ Wrote: I merely stand up for my beliefs and they don't always go well with others which may give a bad outlook on me. After apologising to Grub at one stage for disrespecting him only for him to shove it back in my face, I have never respected him since. Therefore, from now on I will only apologise to anyone who deserves it and will do so publicly on this thread.

That's some manly shit right there. It's unfortunate that we ended up at a cross so quickly. Out of the people that tend to post where you do, you are about the only one I respect. Full of wit and a strong desire to stand up for what you believe in is admirable. I'd say I forgive you, but there isn't any actual wrong that you've commited against me. I wish you luck in the future, from one outspoken person to another.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • summotion, DVN