unban request doctor bud id 4146 version 2
Your name: doctor bud
Your ban ID: 4146
Why we should unban you: My ban should be lifted or shortened as I was banned for "racism", which was not the case of the context of language used. I was rp'ing a black crackhead and explained it in my ban request thread, but the context was that of one from an urban individual where the term "n***a" is used frequently. I'm from South Florida in the Miami area and can tell you this is a frequently used street term....just sayin...

I've really enjoyed RP'ing here and a week long ban is like taking away an addict's needle...please don't take away my needle.

Now my previous one was denied, but you guys did not even take into consideration how racism is defined.

Definition straight from Google is:
"rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/
Noun:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief."

In the context I used, I'm saying "Yo, I need some crack right now." To use the word *** is not in a malicious or derogatory sense. I have vowed not to use the word on the server anymore. It's a common street term and since I know now it's not acceptable it's been made clear to me, and my lesson is learned. Why hold a ban for a week just for one slip-up, with no actualized warnings.

This was just a snap-shot of someone doing bad, this guy joe is basically just tattle-tailing on me....my bad, I've learned your community doesn't appreciate such behavior, and I've moved on and won't do so in the future.

To just ban people for tattle-tale like offenses seems a little bit silly as it is retroactive and is not conducive to the learning of an offender. Should a user see a ban message saying "Banned for racism for 1 day" or for a few hours, or something similar, is a much better message than a generic one I had to look up and research why I could not get onto my favorite RP server.

Not to say I wasn't in the wrong, but I do feel there are better courses of action with which can be taken.

We are all adults (or adult enough I would HOPE) and should be mature enough to simply act like such. Otherwise, you've lost a great potential member to your community.

I hope you rethink this decision a little more seriously this time, please and thank you.

-Doctor Bud

e: Holy crap I was mistaken, it's a full MONTH ban!? My god, that's outrageous and draconian and only limits your community if you withhold the decision. Please reverse this!
Right, so after we Denied your last unban request like 3 hours ago, you make a bigger one with more useless stuff on it for us to read...
NO RACISM! its a perm rules.. you would know that if you read them.
If you don't class it as racism, then Take it as a ban for the Filthy language you have used.

- Denied