What just happened?
Steyr Aug - A weapon on the server
(10-16-2011, 02:54 PM)SilentGamer Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 02:53 PM)Headie Wrote: i lost my aug Sad lol im guessing the server wont be up today then :/

Your 'aug'? What is an 'aug'?
off topic but its a gun ingame the Styr AUG (long ranged Rifle)

[Image: headster-fade-1.gif]
Server Hours: 450
RP Points: 9

How a DDoS works:

There's a guy who runs the client, he basically spreads his server (virus) out and infects peoples PC.

When somebody runs his server (virus), he immediately gets the victim on his bot list (botnet / slaves / bots = same shit).

With you on his client as a victim, he can control your PC. Which also means that he can steal your files, serials and stored passwords.

He can also use a victim to DDoS, which is what FL is going through. (The server was down as we all know)

* In most cases, the victim does not know that he's infected with a virus. That's why you shouldn't download files from the internet, cause every little kid can make his server (virus) FUD (Fully undetectable by most of the anti-viruses).
(10-16-2011, 03:16 PM)Lani Wrote: How a DDoS works:

There's a guy who runs the client, he basically spreads his server (virus) out and infects peoples PC.

When somebody runs his server (virus), he immediately gets the victim on his bot list (botnet / slaves / bots = same shit).

With you on his client as a victim, he can control your PC. Which also means that he can steal your files, serials and stored passwords.

He can also use a victim to DDoS, which is what FL is going through. (The server was down as we all know)

* In most cases, the victim does not know that he's infected with a virus. That's why you shouldn't download files from the internet, cause every little kid can make his server (virus) FUD (Fully undetectable by most of the anti-viruses).

So you're saying that everyone that was on the server today now has a virus and all our personal data is being stolen?

Or are you saying that this happened just to the server?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

no thats how the virus worked you didnt get it by playing garrys mod
however there has been an .exe sent to some by pm on this forum that was probably a virus
the person has been banned already
(10-16-2011, 04:21 PM)temar Wrote: no thats how the virus worked you didnt get it by playing garrys mod
however there has been an .exe sent to some by pm on this forum that was probably a virus
the person has been banned already

So it was just the server that was infected, not the people playing?

And also, yes I thought it might have been that.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea

(10-16-2011, 04:08 PM)SilentGamer Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 03:16 PM)Lani Wrote: How a DDoS works:

So you're saying that everyone that was on the server today now has a virus and all our personal data is being stolen?

Or are you saying that this happened just to the server?

I'm not saying that everyone that played has been infected.

The guy who did the DDoS today, already had infected PC's. With those infected PC's, he used them to UDP Flood (DDoS) the server.

No, you are not infected with anything. DDoS = Internet attack.

EDIT: The server is not infected either. There are many websites that explains what DDoS is, please read them if you do not understand what I mean.
I've been told by some that Denial of Service attacks generally lag up a server until it can no longer cope and doesn't respond to anything.

Ok let me put it in a way so even 4 year olds can understand this

You got a Evil Scientist who hates the goverment. (The Bot Master)

He tricks people into thinking he has a cure for AID's or Cancer (The virus or .exe file (There's also other types of other extensions but were not going into that))

He injects them with the "cure" and then they become zombie slaves (BotNet)

The Zombie slaves attack the government until it's wiped out (Makes said server crash)
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
The following 1 user Likes MikeyTheFox's post:
  • Headster
(10-16-2011, 06:26 PM)MikeyTheFox Wrote: Ok let me put it in a way so even 4 year olds can understand this

You got a Evil Scientist who hates the goverment. (The Bot Master)

He tricks people into thinking he has a cure for AID's or Cancer (The virus or .exe file (There's also other types of other extensions but were not going into that))

He injects them with the "cure" and then they become zombie slaves (BotNet)

The Zombie slaves attack the government until it's wiped out (Makes said server crash)

But are these 'zombie slaves' some of the players that were online today during the lag attacks?