Retrieving Server info
Okay so Soul has said this problem has been solved and I've tried multiple solutions but for me this is far from solved. I've tried completely deleting everything to do with G Mod and re installing G Mod, I've tried downloading FL manually, I've tried it in windowed, I've tried not allowing custom files, I've tried loading single player first, I just don't know what else I can try but I really want to sort this.
Sometimes I can connect to 33x which is really strange but then I can't connect to 2d at all however I've also connected to the build server when it's been on 2d so it's nothing to do with the map or anything.
Here's a link to my crash logs : http://www.megafileupload.com/9L9V/hl2_1..._35C0.mdmp

If anybody could help out I'd be really appreciative because this has become tiresome.
Hope you can get this sorted man, I'm out of ideas.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Tomo, Zambie
This happened to my friend before, he unsubscribed from all his addons, cleared his addons folder, installed fl content manually, deleted his cache folder and then verified his game cache and on joining fearless, launching garrysmod firstly, it allowed him to connect.
Ex-Server Teacher
The following 1 user Likes Bradley's post:
  • JackZ
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a whirl tonight and let you know how it goes.
(11-30-2015, 05:47 PM)Bradley Wrote: This happened to my friend before, he unsubscribed from all his addons, cleared his addons folder, installed fl content manually, deleted his cache folder and then verified his game cache and on joining fearless, launching garrysmod firstly, it allowed him to connect.

Hi, i've been having the same issue, with Gmod just closing upon the loading bar finishing at Retrieving server info... and ive tried this method which Bradley has kindly recommended although to no avail, anything else you can recommend doing?

Thanks
Dermy
Unfortunately this didn't work.
I've contacted my friend who told me these fixes, he said factory restoring his PC worked.
Ex-Server Teacher
Hey, how long have you waited on "retrieving server info" before you disconnected. I would suggest waiting a 'little' while to see if it works.

Also, is Gmod responding? Try running it in browser mode or Ctrl+alt+delete to see if it responds.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
TRY THIS FIX 

This happened to me, my laptop has a built in NVIDA GTX graphics card, the card is faulty (works on occasion) and it pretty much means that when it attempts to render too much, it can't handle it and closes the application that is overloading it. (Also each graphics card has it's own memory allocation, if your graphics card dedicated RAM is not high enough, the same issue will occur)

This explains why it works on single player because there's much less to render, it is an odd glitch and happens intermittently. 

It might be worth disabling your graphics card (see bottom for instructions) and if that doesn't work from that menu, then if you're using NVIDIA or another graphics card, try and disable it from within it's own control panel, and selecting it to use on-board graphics (for e.g. your basic Intel HD graphics)

My problem is now permanently solved because I no longer use my graphics card. 

Hope this helps,
Mike.

In order to disable a graphics adaptor, go to the Control Panel. You can search for it using the Start menu (or Start screen in Windows 8) and then click on Device Manager under Devices and Printers. Under Display adapters you can right click on a graphics card and choose disable.
(12-04-2015, 04:03 PM)[FL:RP] Mike Wrote: TRY THIS FIX 

This happened to me, my laptop has a built in NVIDA GTX graphics card, the card is faulty (works on occasion) and it pretty much means that when it attempts to render too much, it can't handle it and closes the application that is overloading it. (Also each graphics card has it's own memory allocation, if your graphics card dedicated RAM is not high enough, the same issue will occur)

This explains why it works on single player because there's much less to render, it is an odd glitch and happens intermittently. 

It might be worth disabling your graphics card (see bottom for instructions) and if that doesn't work from that menu, then if you're using NVIDIA or another graphics card, try and disable it from within it's own control panel, and selecting it to use on-board graphics (for e.g. your basic Intel HD graphics)

My problem is now permanently solved because I no longer use my graphics card. 

Hope this helps,
Mike.

In order to disable a graphics adaptor, go to the Control Panel. You can search for it using the Start menu (or Start screen in Windows 8) and then click on Device Manager under Devices and Printers. Under Display adapters you can right click on a graphics card and choose disable.

Firstly thanks for the reply!
Secondly how would I go about doing this on Windows 7?