What is the most risky thing your have ever done?
(02-26-2016, 05:49 PM)Gogson8 Wrote: I don't have them but the place was Beachy Head.

If you fell off of beachy head, you wouldn't be here mate.

Beachy head is one of the most notorious suicide spots in the world along with it being about 160 Metres tall... Not 30.

So if you fell off of Beachy head you would most certainly die.

Along with the fact that when you hand glide off of beachy head, you don't jump right at the edge for the very reason of you may fall. You have a run up just before the slope begins towards the drop off.

I know this because my grandparents live in Eastbourne where Beachy head is so I know the area very well.

It's easier to tell the truth than to lie.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • god
(02-28-2016, 06:08 PM)Grunt Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 05:49 PM)Gogson8 Wrote: I don't have them but the place was Beachy Head.

Beachy head is one of the most notorious suicide spots in the world along with it being about 160 Metres tall... Not 30.

Along with the fact that when you hand glide off of beachy head, you don't jump right at the edge for the very reason of you may fall. You have a run up just before the slope begins towards the drop off.

I know this because my grandparents live in Eastbourne where Beachy head is so I know the area very well.

Also, if he was handgliding he would likely have an expert with him, who would obviously supply the gear - this person would not not allow someone to handglide from that location if there was a strong wind that would have a chance of doing exactly what Gogson claims to have happened.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
got into an argument with soulripper
The following 5 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Awestruck, Ivan Tempski, Gog, Doctor KuLa, Random
(02-28-2016, 06:10 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

Also, if he was handgliding he would likely have an expert with him, who would obviously supply the gear - this person would not not allow someone to handglide from that location if there was a strong wind that would have a chance of doing exactly what Gogson claims to have happened.

As I have already stated. Gogson would have survived for one reason. The Glider itself. If he would have jumped off without a Glider it would have killed him but, the Glider would have gotten caught in the air. This would mean he would be going a slower speed then If he were to have no Glider, cushioning his fall.

It's simple Science People!
(02-28-2016, 07:17 PM)FiELDYx Wrote: Also, if he was handgliding he would likely have an expert with him, who would obviously supply the gear - this person would not not allow someone to handglide from that location if there was a strong wind that would have a chance of doing exactly what Gogson claims to have happened.

As I have already stated. Gogson would have survived for one reason. The Glider itself. If he would have jumped off without a Glider it would have killed him but, the Glider would have gotten caught in the air. This would mean he would be going a slower speed then If he were to have no Glider, cushioning his fall.

[/quote]

It wouldn't have even got that far, see attached video below (not mine btw, just found it on youtube):

https://youtu.be/bS6CEmQuU2w

As you can see, there is a large run up where the wind blows under the hang glider which causes it to take off. At this point there is still plenty of run way left. Gogson was describing running all the way to the edge and jumping off, much like a base jump.

Even IF it got to the stage of being at the edge of the cliff, what you are describing wouldn't happen as there would not be enough lift from the wind under the hang glider to dampen his fall. What would happen is that he would most likely nose dive or fall backwards.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
Since when someone who is 13, permitted to do solo gliding from such place.

Biggest BS ever
The following 7 users Like Prosto's post:
  • Doctor KuLa, Grunt, Random, aDisabledDeer, Link, Ivan Tempski, DreeBott
Gosh just admit you lied instead of carrying out this discussion
(02-28-2016, 07:17 PM)FiELDYx Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 06:10 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:

The glider is not some titanium thing that whitstands everything, its not too thick, and would PROBABLY be broken along side Gogson.

Science, Fieldy!
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
And Gogson. If you actually fell from that height, you would probably break a lot more bones other than your arm. You should have been happy you survived, although paralused for life.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
Asking out a girl that I liked for a while…got rejected Sad

Going out for the Varsity Lacrosse Team…made the team and practice starts next week Smile
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]