New FL dedi
Hello community,

Today I've ordered a second hand dedi, I've bought it just for the case, power supply, cd drive and CPU cooler. The rest get's replaced by some nice hardware. I'm planning to put 4GB of DDR3 inside it, a decent motherboard, 2 harddisks in raid1, so if one harddisk fails, the data is still on the second one. And I'm going to find a nice CPU for it, it should be a powerful CPU that doesn't generate much heat and doesn't consume too much energy, and isn't extremely expensive. Recommendations are always welcome.

The dedi will be hosted in Amsterdam, collocated. This means that I will order space in a datacenter where I can put my dedi, so I can use their powerful internet connection, security and cooling system.

Collocating my own hardware instead of hiring a dedi in the UK, makes me less dependent from failing staff, since I can just go by train or car (when I got license) to the datacenter to fix that thing, it's only 20 kilometers away, which will only happen rarely since I will put A quality stuff on it.

Here is a picture I made of the case with the old hardware that get's replaced:

[Image: 1u.png]

I'll go on holiday sunday for 1 week after that I will keep you updated with the progress, for the computer enthusiastic.

Without donations I wasn't able to do this, so thank you donators!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 9 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Shadow, Pechvarry, equal, PrivateToast, StillAlive, Rainbow Dash, TB990, Vaqxination, Marius
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube]
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
I think this is much better to play on the server.
I got a homeserver too but i dont do anything with it xD
(10-14-2011, 03:08 PM)Satisfaction Wrote: I think this is much better to play on the server.
I got a homeserver too but i dont do anything with it xD

That'll be kinda more than a homeserver imo Tounge
let´s hope this does better then the other one Smile.
kinda happy that it's now in Amsterdam.
pretty close to my place.
next time could u host the server a bit to the down part of the netherlands (noord-brabant)? Smile
Or in the US xD
Ohhh damn Cheese
(10-14-2011, 03:49 PM)FuttBucker24 Wrote: Or in the US xD

no, just no Tounge
Recommendation for a CPU - Something from the Sandybridge range.

They're relatively cheap, but deliver giant bumloads of power and with a £20 third party cooler stay cool even on heavy workload - They OC like bosses too, if you want to do that, but I never did and my PC runs everything max with the i5 2500k range, so..

If you want you can go for extreme i7 sandy, or i3 or i5. All great CPUs.
Also if you aren't getting SSDs, get some Samsung Spinpoint F3s.. They're large, and are the fastest loading harddrive apart from SSDs. They even beat the Velociraptor in some tests.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • boolean
Does this mean that the game server will crash less frequently, or is the reason for the crashes more to do with fatal/semi fatal errors?