New Rule?
Audacter

I have every right to have a somewhat spec of transparrency, it seems like this is getting to you for some reason, you need to re-read my post. At no point in the whole discussion do I disagree with the ban. I simply asked for clarification as to why Mike is suddenly on his last chance after only being banned for 3 offences including this current one. Suarez answered well, as did you. I totally understand where you are coming from, although you have to understand it's hard for users to see 'Last chance - Next ban is perm' and think it was discussed well between the team. Obviously, I cannot have been made aware without being asking someone from the team, but I admit I jumped that stage and created a post as it seemed like he was being targeted.

This isn't an attack, although it may seem that way, I can honestly say I was just confused as I've never seen it happen before.

Thanks for the answers.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Audacter
(11-06-2015, 10:17 AM)DVN Wrote:  -snip-

As Audacter said, this is just bringing unnecessary attention to Mike's ban which he probably does not want. 

A forum PM to any staff member or multiple staff members may have been a more appropriate way to go about things instead of calling him out directly about it and discussing it.

Hitman
Fearless Moderator
(11-06-2015, 03:05 PM)Hitman Wrote:

As Audacter said, this is just bringing unnecessary attention to Mike's ban which he probably does not want. 

A forum PM to any staff member or multiple staff members may have been a more appropriate way to go about things instead of calling him out directly about it and discussing it.

Hitman
Fearless Moderator

"A forum PM to any staff member or multiple staff members may have been a more appropriate way to go about things instead of calling him out directly about it and discussing it."

I have seen staff say this recently on topics like this. Forum rule 7a states that we cannot pm staff members about ban/blacklist related topics.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(11-06-2015, 04:11 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:

-snip- 

-snip- 

From my understanding of the discussion here, he asked if it was a new rule. Forum PMing a staff member asking that question is perfectly acceptable. 7A is an invalid claim for this thread Zerdrick. 

Hitman
Fearless Moderator
(11-06-2015, 04:46 PM)Hitman Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 04:11 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:

-snip- 

-snip- 

From my understanding of the discussion here, he asked if it was a new rule. Forum PMing a staff member asking that question is perfectly acceptable. 7A is an invalid claim for this thread Zerdrick. 

Hitman
Fearless Moderator

So what your saying is that it's perfectly acceptable to PM staff members regarding this subject because it's not ban related, correct? Therefore you contradict your statement, as even you said it's not ban related so it must be perfectly fine to discuss it. Mike's ban was used as an example because it was the only example I could find. I even said the ban was justifiable.
wait so joking = blacklist or ban now right? can we put that in the list of unwritten rules?
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • SourLemon
Mike was unbanned anyway, one of the moderators made a DDoS joke with Mike in Teamspeak (the mod wasn't punished though)
The following 2 users Like Ukraine's post:
  • , Awestruck
Closed. Case was resolved.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub