An Open Letter to the Fearless Staff
This is the whole fuss, people can interpret that quote for whatever they like, but for a staff member to sanction loyal, active and friendly player within the community because of something he 'interpreted' to be a homophobic slur is a clear inaccurate punishment. People get power hungry, I feel it's got to some peoples heads a little bit especially after this punishment.

Nothing will be done, you've got the good old 'This case has already been denied topic closed cause we're all invincible' coming soon.
The following 4 users Like DVN's post:
  • goigle!, aDisabledDeer, nicknamee, mgdwszx
(11-03-2015, 06:52 AM)Suarez Wrote: Was there any actual to make another massive fuss in discussions? Most of these discussions could have been simply PMed to a relevant admin instead of making a massive public fuss everytime.

I thought sending it privately was against the rules, but I'm also mainly trying to vent. I'm not mad at any specific person, I'm mad in general.

Also, this isn't targeted at one person or any person and it's not like I hate anyone. I wasn't give the opportunity to defend myself and now the staff is accusing me of being a homophobe so I wanted to defend myself for the community. If my blacklist will not be removed from my record I can at least point to this thread in case some asks how many blacklists I have.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
(11-03-2015, 09:05 AM)DVN Wrote: This is the whole fuss, people can interpret that quote for whatever they like, but for a staff member to sanction loyal, active and friendly player within the community because of something he 'interpreted' to be a homophobic slur is a clear inaccurate punishment. People get power hungry, I feel it's got to some peoples heads a little bit especially after this punishment.

Nothing will be done, you've got the good old 'This case has already been denied topic closed cause we're all invincible' coming soon.

This is the most accurate thing I've read all day
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • goigle!, Awestruck
The lack of basis the staff have for this blacklist is, in one aspect quite amusing. Can it not be admitted here that the argument for the blacklist is rather flaky with no actual standing behind it?

Taking his comments as derogatory is really pushing it and quite immature from the staff members involved. Honestly, there's nothing wrong admitting that a blacklist or ban was wrong and removing it. Plenty of times I have, and many good staff members removed bans to keep things as fair and just as possible.

It is very likely privately messaging this request, it will be ignored and brushed under - where as here it is more transparent.

The actual definition of the word gay is not vulgar or derogatory in the slightest: "(of a person, especially a man) homosexual" or "carefree/happy". We know it was not the latter one, but even so; saying someone is gay is not homophobic - especially as from what it looks like that Goigle said, it is factual. It is a fact that they are gay. He was stating a fact and how that can be construed as homophobic is beyond me.

The posts Suarez made are rather inconsequential and add nothing to the discussion. This is what the Discussions sub-forum is for, and your views should not be used as an argument to end this topic and in my opinion, just accentuate the lack of basis for the staff's decisions - that one must resort to bringing up trivial matters.
Regards,
aviator
The following 8 users Like aviator's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, mgdwszx, DVN, goigle!, Doctor KuLa, Awestruck, nicknamee, Mist
I don't speak for the whole LGBT obviously, but can we just get a basic acknowledgement from the staff team that what he said was not derogatory in the slightest, and without letting him finish his story you immediately blacklisted him and hoped that nobody would care.

You got it wrong.

He did not break a rule, and I personally think it's slightly pathetic that certain staff members are trying their hardest to cover their tracks by purposely misinterpreting everything.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 5 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • mgdwszx, Prosto, goigle!, Huskii, Doctor KuLa
#GoigleNotHomophobe2k15
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
The following 4 users Like Doctor KuLa's post:
  • goigle!, DVN, mgdwszx, Awestruck
[Image: f57ssBp.png]

it begins kapparino
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • goigle!
A quote from me on goigle's UBL... "Midget Wrote:
If saying someone is gay is a homophobic slurr what is the point of any kind of gay movements. The only person in the wrong here is the person who punished someone else for saying the word "gay".

"midget for president, Suarez, he may not be directly involved, but his opinion actually does mean a lot for this cause, one moderator is saying "gay" is a homophobic slur when used in the context of "my roommate is literally so gay omg". And members of the community are backing goigle up saying that it was not used in a homophobic way, whatsoever (as it wasn't). May i reiterate that he said they are "so gay" and not "my roommates are total "f****ts" or "f*gs". Last time I checked all the gay movements are called "gay movements". Not "homosexual movements", it's called "gay pride" not "homosexual pride". LGBT or GLBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Do you see gay in any offensive manner in that? No. Gay isn't a very hateful word anymore. Gay stands for the community that has sexual attraction to the same sex as them. Now if goigle said "my roommates are literally f*gs", that context would be VERY hateful against the gay community. I still have no idea whatsoever why he was blacklisted for saying his roommate is gay. HE IS ACTUALLY GAY. Like I can't believe in this day and age people are getting punished for saying what a person's sexual orientation is. Yeah, I said it once, and I'll say it again, if he said "my roommates are literally f*gs", I would understand a punishment for homophobia."

Some more of my comments on hitman's comments "Hitman Wrote:

It would have been different if you had said;

" My roommates are gay. They are having sex in the room next to me"

Again, with the tone of the message, it can be considered offensive by some community members therefore disciplinary action was taken."

Why would he need to say "they are having sex in the room next to me" if they weren't? He was just stating that they were "literally so gay". I don't understand why this isn't closed yet, nothing he said was homophobic, you are just making it that way.

The way you blacklisted him, I'm assuming i would get blacklisted for saying "my sister is literally so straight omg" or "omg my cousin is actually a heterosexual lmao"
The following 3 users Like nicknamee's post:
  • goigle!, mgdwszx, Awestruck
(11-05-2015, 05:42 AM)nicknamee Wrote: A quote from me on goigle's UBL... "Midget Wrote:
If saying someone is gay is a homophobic slurr what is the point of any kind of gay movements. The only person in the wrong here is the person who punished someone else for saying the word "gay".

"midget for president, Suarez, he may not be directly involved, but his opinion actually does mean a lot for this cause, one moderator is saying "gay" is a homophobic slur when used in the context of "my roommate is literally so gay omg". And members of the community are backing goigle up saying that it was not used in a homophobic way, whatsoever (as it wasn't). May i reiterate that he said they are "so gay" and not "my roommates are total "f****ts" or "f*gs". Last time I checked all the gay movements are called "gay movements". Not "homosexual movements", it's called "gay pride" not "homosexual pride". LGBT or GLBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. Do you see gay in any offensive manner in that? No. Gay isn't a very hateful word anymore. Gay stands for the community that has sexual attraction to the same sex as them. Now if goigle said "my roommates are literally f*gs", that context would be VERY hateful against the gay community. I still have no idea whatsoever why he was blacklisted for saying his roommate is gay. HE IS ACTUALLY GAY. Like I can't believe in this day and age people are getting punished for saying what a person's sexual orientation is. Yeah, I said it once, and I'll say it again, if he said "my roommates are literally f*gs", I would understand a punishment for homophobia."

Some more of my comments on hitman's comments          "Hitman Wrote:

It would have been different if you had said;

" My roommates are gay. They are having sex in the room next to me"

Again, with the tone of the message, it can be considered offensive by some community members therefore disciplinary action was taken."

Why would he need to say "they are having sex in the room next to me" if they weren't? He was just stating that they were "literally so gay". I don't understand why this isn't closed yet, nothing he said was homophobic, you are just making it that way.

The way you blacklisted him, I'm assuming i would get blacklisted for saying "my sister is literally so straight omg" or "omg my cousin is actually a heterosexual lmao"
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • goigle!