Trucks on CityRP
I am 100% on board with this
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
+Support

There should be a minimum of RPP you need, though. + The job should not be for player who played less then 10 hours. Even though I think the job must have a minimum of 20/30 hours. But all the other job have very little requirements.
-Support

The roads on v33x & v2d simply aren't wide and big enough, this will only cause more crashes and mingery.
Alright so I have had a look at a few comments and thought I might as well add my opinion into this.
Trucking is something I have loved a lot and since a small child I have had a bunch of small toys of
scania etc. So with this comment I may be a little biased will talk about the negative sides.

Now trucking is something that can bring a lot of roleplay towards the server. For example, MTL can be used in many
different ways whether it is for a clan like Arcon Corporation in which they may want to have trucks as a use of moving
Vehicles around or shipments of weapons etc. Now also passive role play can come into play. For Example, Police
roleplay if using a box trailer with a police skin on it although may not be used a lot but can be useful. Gun Dealers can
use them to ship weaponry to other clans or players which using a transit isn't as great although that comes to my next point.

Now using a transit to transport props around is hard. Slightly easier in a Ford Raptor although can fall out easily. That
is why having a scania or whatever Soulripper chooses to use can be much better. There are multiple trailers for TDM which
can be used for many different roleplays.

For Example:

Box Trailer: Shipment delivery (Shopping Market, ClanRP, etc)  
Flatbed Trailer: Delivering Vehicles or Containers. (Vehicle Dealer, DocksRP, etc)
Single Dolly Trailer: Used on SUV/4x4 etc. Can alter rp. 
Any many more.

Now for the mingy part. Most would say when a minge joins the server, they see what kind of mess they can create.
Although when a minge does join they are not going to donate straight away and suddenly get the truck to minge.
Now making the Truck around 300k - 400k Sounds about right to me as that is about 2x the amount they are normally.
The REP system can come into use here as making it around 5 REP is well enough as even One REP shows that you can
do some kind of roleplay well. Also instead of REP or maybe even and, you could add a hour restriction to the vehicle. 
Around 20-40 Hours would be the limit I would say as anything under may be an issue and around that shows dedication
to role play and the server.

Also most would say the roads are too small. That is not true as at the end of the day it is up to how well you can control
the truck and how you turn around a corner. I could get around v2d with ease and not worry about my trailer and that
isn't because I have used TDM Trucks a lot but because v2d is pretty decent. I would say v33x would be the best for using
it and may even get a few players back onto it if this was. 

Now out of the content to use on the server. I would personally say LW Trucks as they have around the same amount of
trucks and also many skins/bodygroups meaning Mechanic's can have a bit more fun. LoneWolfie also has quite a few trucks
and many more on this SVN link from what I remember.

Anyhow this is what I have to say and anymore information that you desire to be added then give me a shout. 
Also any questions then feel free to PM me or reply on this topic!
Regards, Midget

The trucks looks really good.
They work great with transporting props etc.
Loooots of new RP opportunities will be unlocked.
The roads aren't too small, as long as you don't drive in the smaller roads in the city as big trucks normally wouldn't do.
If a large RPP requirement was on (15-20) it would be pretty rare. People with this amount of RPP's will not minge.

Can't see the negatives in this.

+Support
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
It's a yes from my side.

However there's of course also downsides if these huge trucks will be added. Especially in v2d.
Simply requires a bigger map is all.
If we'd have a bigger map I'd more than likely +support this.
If you used one of the evocity2 maps you'd have ample space for trucks. Right now they're pointless.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(03-10-2016, 07:18 PM)Toxic Wrote: If you used one of the evocity2 maps you'd have ample space for trucks. Right now they're pointless.

Pointless? How so? I stated how effective they can be. Both servers can support trucks right now. As I said, it is about skill of turning a corner not space 24/7.
Regards, Midget

100% Also, When the Mechanic was added it was said the tow truck would come later on after as its still in development, Is the tow truck still in developlment or a side project?
Its annoying when you get arrested for wreckless driving because your going around a car whats crashed in the middle of the road xD
But anyway back to trucks, definetly, maybe make it so you deliver it to a certain spot in a certain time for money? But yes, defo Smile