Poll: Is 'omg my neighbours are so gay' homophobic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, definitely
13.41%
11 13.41%
No, of course not
76.83%
63 76.83%
Not sure
9.76%
8 9.76%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you consider homophobic?
First off, I would like to say that if you don't know the meaning of being "homophobic" and you votes yes, you're out

If you voted yes and you know the definition, what is wrong with you?  I mean, holy shit are you serious right now?

Lets go on a adventure way back in the early 2000 when everyone was saying "You're so gay" meaning you're lame or whatever other meaning you have for it. Gay was used to mean something else, and then a generation decided to fuck up the meaning of the word, just like the word "Ecstasy" which meant something beautiful back then, now it's the word for a drug. People are just none stop changing the meaning of word and it's throwing off people, if someone uses the word Gay just to mess around, that's how they use it, but if someone uses it to say their happy, that's how another person uses, and finally, if someone uses it to say what the person really is, then that's another way.

So how do you know what way Goigle was really using it?  I have gay friends, they're alright with being called gay, rather than a "f.a.g" (Had to put the word like that because FL blocks that word, lol)  which can be insulting, I was told by one of my gay friends that he likes to be called gay because if people use the term "homo" or another term, it makes him feel like he stands out, but since a lot of people call their friends gay to mess around, he feels like he fits in more. Words I have heard from him and he finds nothing wrong with it.

If you hear the word "Gay" don't go "OMG, HE'S A HOMOPHOBIC, BAN HIM" Because chances are, you don't know the real meaning or you're just trying to get someone banned.

"(of a person, especially a man) homosexual.
"that friend of yours, is he gay?""

That's an example I looked up on google by typing "Define gay"  Bam, right there, google is using gay in a sentence "OMG, GOOGLE IS HOMOPHOBIC"  Give me a break....
The following 1 user Likes Rossi's post:
  • goigle!
In Finland we call everyone to Vitun Homo. (Or atleast in my school) which feels normal joking xd
I guess the blacklist ended up there because just the use of words like that counts as "homophobic slur" when it comes to rule violation. I wouldn't call your specific situation homophobic, but pretty unnecessary to write on the OOC, since people who are not aware of the situation can take it wrong.

Actual homophobia in the link below, folks.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • Mist
I understand everyone their point on whenever some words are to seen as "Homophobic" or not,
Most of you know that I am gay myself and I do not think that the word gay Is an Instant homophobic Instult, but I do think that you still shouldn't use It as It can confuse other people whenver Its Intended to be homophobic or not..

As said, gay Isn't a direct Insult to gay people It would be an Insult If the tone Is being changed so It sounds like an Insult.
[Image: jfQuooI.png?1]
The following 3 users Like Brikaas's post:
  • mgdwszx, livkx, goigle!
I feel although people who may be "gay" can take this offensive but most people who are gay and call them gay in anyway really don't mind. I mean my self being Bi, I wouldn't care if someone called me gay because most of the time I can act it (and even my mother called me gay from when I was Six somehow..) I even call my partner gay and they don't give a sh*t. Unless the person being called gay for some reason is like over 60 and hates gay people and takes it offensive then I can see why it may be a bannable offence but would make more sense to do a PR if they do.

I feel overall it is pretty weak to ban someone for calling another person someone gay.
Regards, Midget

Gay is merely a word....it is not offensive unless it is used in a derogatory manner.

Saying oh he is gay, oh she is gay is not homophobic, my mate who may I add (is very very camps) slags off everything by saying "oh darling that is so gay"....

I personally would not say that is homophobic, unless you meant it as in to ridicule them for it in a derogatory manner then it that case it would be...
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-21-2016, 08:00 AM)Infernaw Wrote: I guess the blacklist ended up there because just the use of words like that counts as "homophobic slur" when it comes to rule violation. I wouldn't call your specific situation homophobic, but pretty unnecessary to write on the OOC, since people who are not aware of the situation can take it wrong.

Yes, I agree that without context it could look bad. I have two problems though:

1. What if I made a typo and it was really a private conversation in LOOC? (in this case it was not, but I was not given the chance to correct it)
  2. I didn't get a chance to add context on to what I was saying (this is before the 2 instant OOC messages)
(03-21-2016, 02:20 PM)Brikaas Wrote: I understand everyone their point on whenever some words are to seen as "Homophobic" or not,
Most of you know that I am gay myself and I do not think that the word gay Is an Instant homophobic Instult, but I do think that you still shouldn't use It as It can confuse other people whenver Its Intended to be homophobic or not..

As said, gay Isn't a direct Insult to gay people It would be an Insult If the tone Is being changed so It sounds like an Insult.

I actually didn't know you're gay, thanks for posting and I agree :~)
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Backing up Brikaas' point - I'm bi-sexual, and for the children that means I like both genders, and I wouldn't consider this anywhere near homophobic.

People are getting too politically correct nowadays, I think this blacklist is stupid - always have thought that.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • goigle!, Gog
(03-22-2016, 12:30 AM)goigle! Wrote: Yes, I agree that without context it could look bad. I have two problems though:
  1. What if I made a typo and it was really a private conversation in LOOC? (in this case it was not, but I was not given the chance to correct it)
  2. I didn't get a chance to add context on to what I was saying (this is before the 2 instant OOC messages)

If it was a private conversation it would be a different situation, depending on whether others heard it or not. It most likely wouldn't warrant a blacklist in that case.

Also, if you can't add context to your statement and without context something can be considered in breach of rules without that context, then you shouldn't make that statement.
Cmon. Lets be honest. 80% have voted that it is not homophobic. Why punish him because of people don't see it as homophobit. Cmon and remove his blacklist. This is just getting ridiculous
The following 1 user Likes Kahjo's post:
  • Gog