Poll: Revert back to previous weapons (the ones with attachments)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, keep the current ones
35.00%
7 35.00%
Yes
65.00%
13 65.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The old new weapons
Do you like the weapons that were implemented a few months ago, or would you rather keep the current ones?

Discuss it here! 

This is a duplicate of Soul's thread with a vote that will be longer than 10 hours just for my curiosity

My two cents on the current weapons is this:
  • They're less realistic (no fire modes, no attachments, terrible iron sights)
  • It's  basically galil or die, with the old weapons you could actually kill someone with a pistol or have rounds left in your magazine after killing someone with a rifle
  • Not user friendly (I've heard people saying their gun accidentally goes to safe when they were trying to shoot - with the previous pack when you were in safe and tried firing it would automatically go into full auto mode like the user would expect)
  • It is nice they use the CSS models
  • Despite promises/statements of balance changes, nothing has happened
  • I vaguely remember the old weapons from when I first started playing and the current implementation seems even more bugged and the damage even worse than before
Even without attachments (not sure how much space they used), the previous weapon pack was far superior to the current one. Sure, the ammo may have been confusing to some people. It would be pretty simple to just change the ammo type to the current system. I think going back to our old weapons was a drastic solution to a few easily fixable problems.
Additionally, Soul's statement about the download size is misleading. I just measured addons for the weapon content and the download size will be around 167 MB, which is a far more accurate number to go by in terms of content size.

Here's two ways to fix the content size even further (these values will be uncompressed as it's harder to tell how much space they take up when compressed):
  • Use CSS sounds (~-36.1 MB uncompressed )
  • Reduce texture size (this could reduce the size by over 50%, 426 MB of the content is textures)

Some/most of the texture size changes wouldn't even be too noticeable as the attachments have rather large textures.

That's again just my two cents, I know many people active on the forums prefer the current weapons.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
I think it is nice to have a poll now that people have had a chance to get used to the old guns again. I personally liked the gun pack with attachments as you could make your gun suit your needs (attachments and whatnot) and you could use other guns than the galil.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
Lol with the CW:2.0 weps it was basically a fuck ton of OP90s and AWMs, idk, if the the guns we have now were implemented back the way they were, and not however the fuck they are currently, i wouldn't have an issue.
The guns that we had before the madcow weapons were a lot more balanced then these. As I stated in the previous pole for changing to the madcow weapons with the current weapons its pretty much if you have a galil you will win. With the old, i still call the new weapons, weapons it was more balanced and the government actually stood a fair chance against others. I don't mind the ammo staying how it is but the other weapons really need to come back... They are so much more balanced then what we have now.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
The following 1 user Likes NightHawkd's post:
  • goigle!
Why the hell was CW removed in the first place?

I'm sure 100% of users on here don't have to worry about space consumption if everyone is rocking >500GB worth of hard drive.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
It was removed because Soul mad e post here and about 47ish people voted and about 37 or so voted for the mad cow weapons. Most of the people that I spoke to once the weapons changed had no idea there was even a post for it and they were active forum members as well.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(10-23-2015, 12:33 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: It was removed because Soul mad e post here and about 47ish people voted and about 37 or so voted for the mad cow weapons. Most of the people that I spoke to once the weapons changed had no idea there was even a post for it and they were active forum members as well.

I think the post should have been up for atleast a couple days before a decision was made.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(10-22-2015, 11:42 PM)SourLemon Wrote: Lol with the CW:2.0 weps it was basically a fuck ton of OP90s and AWMs, idk, if the the guns we have now were implemented back the way they were, and not however the fuck they are currently, i wouldn't have an issue.

I would personally be for changing the ammo types to rifle/pistol/etc so that P90 ammo wasn't as cheap and then slightly nerfing it.
AWMs weren't used too much in my experience but they were also really expensive
(10-23-2015, 12:23 AM)Toxic Wrote: Why the hell was CW removed in the first place?

I'm sure 100% of users on here don't have to worry about space consumption if everyone is rocking >500GB worth of hard drive.
I think it had more to do with downloads & inhibiting new user but 167 mb isn't an amazingly large download. TBH if these weapons are already on the workshop they could just link to that workshop item and some people would already have it :^)
(10-23-2015, 12:33 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: It was removed because Soul mad e post here and about 47ish people voted and about 37 or so voted for the mad cow weapons. Most of the people that I spoke to once the weapons changed had no idea there was even a post for it and they were active forum members as well.

37 votes and it was closed within 10 hours, hardly enough time for most people to check it. Not to mention the fact that during prime time 37 is a tad less than 1/4 of the users on both of the servers, much less active in the community.
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • NightHawkd