How much power do Teachers have?
Hello, I have seen some threads lately where people say things to teachers like "Dont act like a moderator, you are just a teacher" and "Teachers aren't staff members" so I was wondering, how much power do teachers have on the forums and in game?

Thanks, and to clarify I mean things like the ability to ban/warn/teleport/noclip, things like that.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
None. They are purely people you can consult for information on rules/RP.
We have absolutely no power. We're representing a team solely created for helping people out, we're experienced with the rules/server and are (should be) always willing to help.

The only command (power) we have is /givepoint - used for giving out RP points.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Ali, Tomo
Teacher's aren't staff, they're the same as any other member of the community, but have a couple of abilities to aid RP, or aid the ability to help people. That's literally it.
A more fitting signature. 
(10-16-2015, 08:44 PM)DVN Wrote: We have absolutely no power. We're representing a team solely created for helping people out, we're experienced with the rules/server and are (should be) always willing to help.

The only command (power) we have is /givepoint - used for giving out RP points.

So here is another question then, to get promoted to moderator do you first need to become a teacher?
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
No you don't, it doesn't work like that. Teacher is voluntary and their job is to help players on the server understand the rules and RP. It is not a 'gateway' to become moderator, it is up to them if they want to spend their free time helping out on the servers. That is why you apply for teacher.
Thanks for all the helpful responses.

The following 4 users Like Ali's post:
  • Kippsee, DVN, Tomo, Haarek