Blackdoggy
Exclamation 
Name: Ryans

Time/Date: 1:40pm PST / 8/27/2015

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5354168

Name of Administrator: Blackdog

Evidence: Mani and I snuck into the jails and we were breaking people out for $500 each. Eventually some cops showed up and we started fighting our way out. Then blackdog freezes us, blacklists us from weapons, takes $4000 from Mani for some reason, and then pulls us to the cops to let them arrest us. Blackdog says someone has to hire us to break people out of jail and that we have no reason. How is making money not a valid reason? I don't see anything in the rules against it.
You burst into the jails, weapons drawn, let everyone out, demanded $500 as if it was a mugging, then got everyone shot to death after police arrived.

Your reason is tantamount to "We raided the nexus to make money" Which is very similar to the disallowed reason of "Raid the president for money"

No one there had hired you, no one there knew you, you had no RP connection to let you do something like this.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(08-27-2015, 09:58 PM)BlackDog Wrote: You burst into the jails, weapons drawn, let everyone out, demanded $500 as if it was a mugging, then got everyone shot to death after police arrived.

Your reason is tantamount to "We raided the nexus to make money" Which is very similar to the disallowed reason of "Raid the president for money"

No one there had hired you, no one there knew you, you had no RP connection to let you do something like this.

We said $500 if you want your freedom. Thats not mugging. The prisoners got themselves shot by the police...not our fault. We didnt raid the president...he had nothing to do with what we were doing. I still confused on what rule we broke?
14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons.

"Lets raid the jails to make money and kill cops" is not a valid reason

14.2a You cannot raid the President solely to earn money.

This is VERY similar to what you did, you raided the nexus just to make money.

The rules have a disclaimer on the top of the list (It's impossible to cover every single detail within the rules, so we expect you to use your common sense and not do questionable things or search for loopholes. If you aren't sure whether something is allowed or not, ask a staff member to clarify)

You did not check if your questionable action was allowed, and lead to this situation we find ourselves in now.

You raiding the jails just to essentialy rob the people within it, is not acceptable.

You say "We are not robbing them" but your actions, and what was said was identical to one who mugs someone in the streets, you had no RP connections with any of the people in the jails, and in the end you got every single one of them killed as you did absolutely nothing to protect the people you were apparently there to free, people who again, you had no RP connection with and thus no reason to even be attempting to rescue.

A corlone trying to free the don has a reason to break him out of jail, so does a rebel leader, so does a member of a crminial group attempting to free their improsoned members.

You and your friend we're two thugs who decided "Hey lets break into the jails to extort money from the prisoners"

I advise in the future to double check any potentialy questionable actions via @, and to follow a good rule of thumb "If it seems like it could be not allowed, dont do it"
Once again. We robbed no prisoners. We offered them a service with no consequence if they denied. We do it often and havent got any slack from any other admins.

14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons.

We didnt raid any players and we had a valid reason to be down there. We were running a business..unfortunately the cops found us.

14.2a You cannot raid the President solely to earn money.

We did not raid the president for any reason. This rule is about the president.. not breaking people out....

Hey maybe since theres no clear rule against it you could of gave us a warning and that would of been the end of it but hey maybe im crazy.
I have stated what needs to be said, I await the final resolution
Closed, member is now considered Ex-Staff. Such incident has been documented. Thank you.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub