Internet's Goodbye
Well, it's been fun. 2300 hours, a place on the top 20.

I have enjoyed Fearless, for better or for worse, throughout the years, since 2012. I stuck with it through the fish market crash, the constant attacks. I was there when the old SA team left. I was there when the new ones came in. I was here for the Blurr/Safira incident, and the strike, and the entire team leaving. There's been a lot of history in these three years. But always as a player, never as anything more.

However, on the 13th of the 8th, 2015, I became a teacher. And I thank Soul for that opportunity. Some of the best, and most fun RPs I've ever been apart of were in those three days. I've made great friends since then, and I hope they last.

This doesn't explain why I've left, however. I left for several issues, I have found, whist being a teacher..

Teachers are disrespected constantly, and even telling the staff team about it gets fuck all done about it. Arguments in OOC, people spamming PM. It's horrendous.
Not only this, the team backstabs each-other all the time. For instance, I've had a moderator report me for a joke I made in my own, private, non-FL TS.

That being said, I can deal with that. However, it's the reaction from the rest of the team that has pushed me over the edge. I work as a companies systems administrator, and a freelance web, game and voice server administrator. In these fields, the two most important traits are professionalism and security. I've been working for nearly a year, and never had these questioned. However, once joining the teaching team, I have had this questioned three times, in two days, by three different people. What makes this more insulting, is that one of the people who questioned this, was someone who stole the gamemode and DDoSed the community.

Whilst it may not seem like a lot, these are the straws that broke my back, hence why I'm leaving. I doubt I'm coming back, since my reception at a different community has been so positive in comparison.

I'd like to take the time to thank people who have helped me in FL:

Soul - For all your faults, you're always been nice to me. Please, for the sake of the community, listen to your staff, even the people who left. They still care.
Killaninja - Damn, you always brought me back when I was about to leave.
[FL:RP] ViljoeL - Back when you were a player, you were always the nicest guy I knew, what changed?
Joey Skylynx - Always interesting and funny to talk to.
Dig/Laurenz/DigDug - Always the best guy to talk to, lub u bby.
Blackdog/Toxic/the rest of FUMUKU - I never even wrote a FUMUKU Application, but was still accepted with open arms. The kindness of such, I haven't seen before, and I'll doubt I'll see after. You guys are the sodding best, and I love you for it.
The Teachers - You guys are amazing, you do a great job. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Nighthawkd, Suarez, Audacter - Thanks. Give me a yell if you want the minge-cage dupe.
The Ex-Admins - You made the community what it was, it's a shame it had to end like this.
Auston - It's a fire engine.
Stormm/Marshal/ParadoX/Cletus - Thanks for the lightbar dupe, however, people shall always think that it's mine. >:D
Zambie - We need to finish Civ 5 at some point.
Safira - Pigeon's do not have RPGs.
Castiel - I know I've already mentioned the teachers, but you deserve special mention. You've been working as a teacher, even when your body isn't capable. You've put your own RP to the side, to help others with theirs. You've spent entire days on the server, waiting for calls. You are a shining example to everyone else, what a teacher is and what a teacher should be. You're better than me, but you never accept that. You deserve to go far, and don't you ever forget that. (If you forget it, we're getting a gas mask convoy with baseball bats again.)

I don't want this to become a mass-argument thread, as that seems all the rage on FL at the moment. Please, keep comments respectful. If you ain't on a list, I just forgot you. Sorry.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Grub - I know you're an SA, and it's your job to investigate the team with diligence and whatever, but accusing me of shit isn't the way to do your job. Sorry. I posted a reply to your comments in the other place.

So long. I know there is harsh feelings for me asking you questions about concerns, but it had to be done. Take care.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
The following 1 user Likes Grub's post:
  • ryan!
(08-16-2015, 07:23 AM)Grub Wrote: Grub - I know you're an SA, and it's your job to investigate the team with diligence and whatever, but accusing me of shit isn't the way to do your job. Sorry. I posted a reply to your comments in the other place.

So long. I know there is harsh feelings for me asking you questions about concerns, but it had to be done. Take care.

No, it wasn't a consern, it was a downright accusation of something that wasn't true.

Unless you're referring to the other thing, which was a joke, said in private, in a private TS. That was fine, I understand that.

Thank you, and good luck with FL.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Goodbye.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • MasterNoda
Sad to see you go Internet, We had fun while we had it.
We can discuss this in Steam chat.
Sad to see you go Internet, known you for a while even through other communities, you even helped me out from time to time which I really appreciate. Good luck wherever you decide to go next.
Quote:Safira - Pigeon's do not have RPGs.

I beg to differ!
Byebye Interwebz - the 201830 thousand laws have come to an end...

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • Ivan Tempski, Doctor Internet
(08-16-2015, 08:05 AM)Nightmare Wrote: Sad to see you go Internet, known you for a while even through other communities, you even helped me out from time to time which I really appreciate. Good luck wherever you decide to go next.

As I said to Soul, I don't know where I'm going. Hell, I might just end up taking a break and coming back.

(08-16-2015, 08:06 AM)Safira Wrote:
Quote:Safira - Pigeon's do not have RPGs.

I beg to differ!
Byebye Interwebz - the 201830 thousand laws have come to an end...

You're the reason RPGs got removed lass. And let me get on my tractor, drive to my house, and start spamming you with laws instead. Sound good?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

The following 2 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Safira, MacTavish
Goodbye, Internet. You were a cool guy! I hope you're coming back soon...
(08-16-2015, 08:14 AM)Northern_Guy Wrote: Goodbye, Internet. You were a cool guy! I hope you're coming back soon...

I'm not anymore? D:
Yours
Doctor Internet;