What's going on with the price on dupes?
Hi all!

I haven't played on FL for quite some time and now I have started playing again! I began to sell some of my stuff and some guy offers me "130 k worth of dupes" and I rejected it since I don't care about dupes. Now I see multiple places that people are trading dupes for ingame currency. 

Has there come a market for dupes or what is going on with that? Smile
I don't know. I didn't see any people sell dupes. Maybe I'm just blind.
(08-14-2015, 05:31 PM)Northern_Guy Wrote: I don't know. I didn't see any people sell dupes. Maybe I'm just blind.

I have just been offered dupes worth of a lot of money several times and I thought if there were sales of it now, but it could also be a kind of scam.. Idk...
(08-14-2015, 05:38 PM)Ukali Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 05:31 PM)Northern_Guy Wrote: I don't know. I didn't see any people sell dupes. Maybe I'm just blind.

I have just been offered dupes worth of a lot of money several times and I thought if there were sales of it now, but it could also be a kind of scam.. Idk...

Not a scam, people do legitimately sell dupes. It's an easy way to get some nice dupes, if you can find the right person selling them.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I like to keep my dupes free, I just put the ones I want to share with others into my server folder.
No need to sell something that someone else can just make in an hour or two (and can probably do a better job).

Ontopic though..
I haven't seen anyone recently selling dupes (or maybe I just don't notice it as much now).
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(08-15-2015, 07:37 AM)RIC0H Wrote: I like to keep my dupes free, I just put the ones I want to share with others into my server folder.
No need to sell something that someone else can just make in an hour or two (and can probably do a better job).

Ontopic though..
I haven't seen anyone recently selling dupes (or maybe I just don't notice it as much now).

Hey buddy! Thanks for the input! I haven't seen it in the general chat or advert aswel, but I just keep getting them when I sell guns, cars and ammo, but I reject it all... It's more enjoyable to build the stuff yourself!
Dupe selling used to be very prolific, I bought around 200k worth of dupes back in the day. It seems to have died down, and the dupes I do see are being sold for ridiculous prices like 400k, when it's something I could build within about 10 minutes.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • Tomo
(08-15-2015, 07:37 AM)RIC0H Wrote: No need to sell something that someone else can just make in an hour or two (and can probably do a better job).

Maybe people can't be bothered to spend that time making these constructions and so purchase ones they like from other people. Likewise, it may be because they can't build to that level that they choose to buy it. This is why such market exists.

As Trevor Jackson said, it's an easy way to get your hands on a good build.
Regards,
aviator