Old bans wiped
(08-06-2015, 07:02 PM)Rolorox Wrote: People have returned that were banned because their sole purpose was to minge and ruin FL for others. I can agree with removing some bans but it should have been more looked into than just "bans before this date except tos" this could be great, but it also could have a big backlash.

Well we're talking 8+ months ago regarding these bans, and it's unlikely that anyone with a ban of that length is still part of this community or will attempt to play on the server again (as in their minds they're still perma'd)

Unless people go out of their way to tell these people that they're unbanned, I find it unlikely that the majority will try to rejoin.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! This my friend is best choice ever! Everyone deserves a second chance!!! And most people are grown up!
Kind Regards
Lucifer, your private demon.
This extending to black lists?
Yeah, blacklists still stand?
Uhm, okay? Risky move but it fits in the "a whole new start" movement we're having.

Ill have to see how this works out.
Seems an odd decision to remove over 50,000 bans, most of which were made by staff long before any of this drama took place. I liked to think of myself as fair and just in the relatively short time I was here and made an effort to ban only when it was truly justified - an effort that seems a tad wasted now. Pragmatically, this won't change a whole lot because the vast majority of those players probably don't even frequent gmod any more but I still feel a sense of disappointment and confusion over the wipe.
The following 3 users Like Adman's post:
  • James_Gaff, Decay, GRiiM
"hey, mabe I can get more playurz if I unban every0ne. Lolooloolol  best idee4 evurrrr" - IGN rates 8/8
The following 4 users Like Jericho's post:
  • Nevy, GRiiM, Brax, Evanswachtz
Holyshit I was always worried about my bans, I got banned for having too much weed once. HALLELULJAH
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Yes the bans are gone, so what?
Your time was not wasted banning them, just the history was gone. That person you banned a year a go still served their sentence didn't they? They still couldn't get onto the server until the ban was up, so what is gone?
The only thing that is gone is the ban history, this allows people to feel like they can have a fresh start, feel like they cannot be held back from their history, they still waited out the ban. What is the issue here?
I do not believe there is one.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
The following 3 users Like Audacter's post:
  • Grunt, Demonic, Edned
I feel the same as many ex-admins have posted in this thread.

While some of you might not think our time has been "wasted", you aren't necessarily in a position to understand it - which, in itself is understandable, I suppose.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • James_Gaff, Audacter