Suarez promoted to moderator
Interesting
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
(08-01-2015, 02:27 PM)General Rickets Wrote: and it begins heh
Congratulations Suarez! I'm sure you will do a good job administrating the servers. Smile
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

I know it's not mine or others decisions any more as to whom gets a staff position on the server, but allow me to tell you one thing. Before I get into this I'd like you to know this is not a personal hit against Suarez or any new or upcoming moderators, I have not seen you perform in-game and probably won't get the chance to do so therefore I shall not judge your moderative capabilities personally, just what I think could possibly happen to the team.

When promoting people to moderator, said person is initially brought up and discussed about with the staff team. This discussion process usually lasts between no shorter than a week and no longer than even a couple of months. All factors are taken into consideration: activity, RP capabilities, knowledge on rules, attitude, ban / blacklist history. Everything you already know about, we've mentioned this numerous times before in other posts, this is just to refresh your memory.
The reason we did this was to get the best staff possible for the community so we could ensure the servers we're not only kept clean, but people could learn from their mistakes as they were dealt with by the correct people.

Now, the way it seems to have been done now (if I'm wrong, I do apologise, but I don't feel you can actively discuss and decide on a new staff member in the space of less than 24 hours) is that Soul has looked quickly on the server for players he thinks could become a mod, and just promoted them without any discussion. Some of you may state that "there is no staff left to discuss with", but if you'd kindly look at the team page, there are still 5 active, and 1 inactive (for good reason) staff members on the team. Enough to make a democratic decision on whom should be promoted.

Now, this is my personal opinion and please Soul and none of the new staff, do not take offence to this as hopefully you can see where I'm coming from. I don't think you can really expect the same level of professional administration that we once had by promoting people with less that 24 hours discussion. Some may disagree, but this is just my personal opinion.

Once again I shall state this, I have nothing against SoulRipper nor any of the new staff or Fearless at all for that matter, but I feel things were done perfectly well the old way and I think it's what was best for the community.

Finally, congratulations Suarez. As I say I shall not judge your moderative ability entirely yet until I have seen you in-game, but for now I wish you the best of luck in your new position.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 5 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Wood, James_Gaff, Benporium, Safira, Grunt
I don't get the, "and it begins" part ??
Like is it some sort of joke or something, because if we are making jokes I would love to make a few, firstly in relation to that new forum....wow a site for sore eyes.

OT though. Congratulations Suarez, fuck the haters. Prove them wrong which im sure you will.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • MacTavish
(08-01-2015, 03:02 PM)||Fangz|| Wrote: So I could not care less if he gets promoted, and anyone who is against it should keep it to themselves since it's really annoying to see people hating on another just because they got an extra opportunity.

So congratulations Suarez and make sure the server stays in shape and all that garbage.

Says the guy that was doing everything so that he doesn't get promoted...
Gratz!
(08-01-2015, 03:32 PM)Waterloo #SuarezForDemote Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 03:02 PM)||Fangz|| Wrote: So I could not care less if he gets promoted, and anyone who is against it should keep it to themselves since it's really annoying to see people hating on another just because they got an extra opportunity.
So congratulations Suarez and make sure the server stays in shape and all that garbage.
Says the guy that was doing everything so that he doesn't get promoted...
i haven't done anything to try and stop him since i've been inactive for about a month or more, and i find on my friends list: "Waterloo #SuarezForDemote" and I have no current opinion, I have left my past arguments behind and am currently not bothered on what happens until i eventually come back to the servers and see how he does Mod-wise

I just wanted to congratulate Suarez on his promotion.
Unforfunatly there are still some immature little kids around here. If you left FL then get out, dont come back the spew crap on the people that actually are trying to safe this "sinking ship".

Suarez, i know you only a little but best of luck with moderating the servers
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • MacTavish, Tomo, Mist
I think people are joking more about the process Soul is taking around this, than the people he's actually chosen. Seems like he's going for quantity without any quality control. (As in with the staff team, extensive screening was done to actually see whom is worthy of becoming a mod etc. Soul just seems to be picking people based on hours, RPP and their actions over the last 18 hours or so.)

Not to say those whom have already been promoted aren't worthy, and to them, I say congratulations. In my opinion, soul should've waited a little bit before promoting a new staff team, even if it meant taking down the servers for a few days to avoid mass minging.

Each to their own, however.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • Zecon, Benporium