Rule change
(08-03-2015, 10:17 PM)GRiiM Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 10:14 PM)SixPackSoCali Wrote: I really want to RP a Klan ceremony. Who's bringing the crosses? Possible lynching may be involved (only if admin spawns black ragdoll).

Thanks in advance, SixPackSoAlabama.

And that's precisely why the line 'do not do this to excess' was added to the rule.

Okay I get it, no lynched blacks I guess  Sad . So much for limiting RP [Image: Really_Weird_Pepsi_Drinker_zps856d3078.gif]
This argument is very entertaining. Keep it up!
The following 2 users Like TheCloaked's post:
  • SixPackSoCali, SoulRipper
I'm done, it's pointless arguing about this. enjoy your unnecessary censorship and choices being made for you without actual community input.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • James_Gaff
(08-03-2015, 10:27 PM)GRiiM Wrote: I'm done, it's pointless arguing about this. enjoy your unnecessary censorship and choices being made for you without actual community input.

Top Kekistan.
The following 1 user Likes SixPackSoCali's post:
  • Baskingner
I enjoy how FL's "community" is now made up of wanna-be "trolls" and those wanting to flame on an argument.

OT: As GRiiM and others have said, just because a rule is there, doesn't instantly mean everyone should be racist IC. Sure, if someone is running round yelling "Nigg*r! Nigg*r!", this becomes FailRP and should then be dealt with OOC'ly by a staff member or discussing in Local OOC, but someone "/act" pushing a man due to the colour of his characters skin in a contextual manner? This can then prosper more RP. Perhaps a cop shoots a guy. People then Protest RP outside the Nexus to try and say it was out of racism due to the color of the man's skin. Perhaps the President makes a speech and then, deliberately or not, says something racist IC. This triggers anti-racism groups IC'ly to try and out the president from office. This can then prosper into more RP. 

One simple rule change and it removes so many RP possibilities. 

Things should be allowed to flow more smoothly IC, with limited staff disruption or the disruption of someone screaming down their mic "RACISM BAN REQUEST!!!1!!1111!1!2".
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • GRiiM
(08-03-2015, 10:48 PM)Jamster Wrote: I enjoy how FL's "community" is now made up of wanna-be "trolls" and those wanting to flame on an argument.

OT: As GRiiM and others have said, just because a rule is there, doesn't instantly mean everyone should be racist IC. Sure, if someone is running round yelling "Nigg*r! Nigg*r!", this becomes FailRP and should then be dealt with OOC'ly by a staff member or discussing in Local OOC, but someone "/act" pushing a man due to the colour of his characters skin in a contextual manner? This can then prosper more RP. Perhaps a cop shoots a guy. People then Protest RP outside the Nexus to try and say it was out of racism due to the color of the man's skin. Perhaps the President makes a speech and then, deliberately or not, says something racist IC. This triggers anti-racism groups IC'ly to try and out the president from office. This can then prosper into more RP. 

One simple rule change and it removes so many RP possibilities. 

Things should be allowed to flow more smoothly IC, with limited staff disruption or the disruption of someone screaming down their mic "RACISM BAN REQUEST!!!1!!1111!1!2".

I have never seen anything like that happen lool.
The following 1 user Likes SixPackSoCali's post:
  • Baskingner
Ugh, you think too highly of yourself Jamster. We are still a community, even without people like you.

You have a very nice example there indeed, that would be a great RP and i would enjoy it a lot. Now tell me this, how often did that happen in the month that it was allowed here on FL? How often do you think it is going to happen? Well i can tell you, not that many times. Its simply not worth it in my opinion.
How often is a well made Scuba diving RP going to happen? Perhaps a NASA Rp, of which I've only ever seen one planned well? A trucking RP? Logging? Manufacturing? Complete drug ring?

Not often, but if love to be part of all of them.

Just because something isn't likely to happen, it's still a viable RP. Why remove something that can allow for some amazing impromptu RPs when, in reality, it hasn't had any major effect on people's attitude while on the server.

Also, I wasn't referring to you Baskinger, more the majority of others on this thread who seem to contribute nothing and simply want to flame people with no punishment for doing so.
  • GRiiM
I wasnt referring to your troll statement, but to your nice flame attempt to put Community between "", which makes you look like the troll here.

I cant see any negatives about a scuba RP, but if we allow 12 year olds to scream around "***" whenever they feel like it i dont think it weighs against the 1 nice RP there is going to come from it.
As I said, someone running around for no given reason yelling "Nigg*r" surely comes under failRP.

I also don't see why everyone seems keen to remove any ability to be racist, sexist or homophobic IC, yet don't want to remove cars.

Which pose the bigger issue?

Some kid yelling down his mic some "bad words", or some kid driving round in a stolen BMW Cdming everyone and their mother, or running round with a 3k shotgun murdering everyone. If you're keen on limiting things, remove cars and guns from the servers, as clearly those can cause much bigger issues than someone being racist.

Also, to justify my use of speech marks, I personally no longer consider FL a community in it's current state due to the loss of a large amount of community members who I saw as making up the community. We all have different views on things, and this isn't something that needs discussing on this thread.

Quite honestly, the rule isn't going to be changed so I'm done discussing it.

If you really care to continue any discussion, I'd be more than happy to; though I see this simply going in circles already.
  • GRiiM