Rule change
Well if you're going off of the reasoning that it "could hurt peoples feelings", might as well ban any derogatory language from IC chat as well, because that "could hurt peoples feelings".
The following 1 user Likes Shorty's post:
  • MegaOmega
Why restrict roleplay?

[Image: FbgCcb7.png]
The following 3 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Sirrus, Nevy, Dauntless
Some things you shouldn't allow even though it might be a roleplay experience.

Do we really want our girl population to be treaten like shit just because it's IC? Might hurt their feelings.

Do we really want black (or white) people to be made fun of IC which might hurt their feelings?

I don't want that. I think there are plenty of other roleplay things to do.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • RIC0H
Agreed.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
When this rule first came out, I was unsure how to feel about it. After it's been up for quite some time now I've never seen anyone get out of hand with their discrimination and nobody I've spoken to has either.
It's the internet, people throw around insults sometimes. Shrug it off and move on.

And Equal is right, this should've been a decision by the community really.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Dauntless
(08-01-2015, 10:58 PM)GRiiM Wrote: When this rule first came out, I was unsure how to feel about it. After it's been up for quite some time now I've never seen anyone get out of hand with their discrimination and nobody I've spoken to has either.
It's the internet, people throw around insults sometimes. Shrug it off and move on.
I agree a little with you, however I also think it is one of those things that is based mostly out of common sense.
Not everything needs to be discussed

Maybe it stops some roleplay but I think it is a little reasonable
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Thanks for editing this, because there seems to have been some confusion with this, regarding one of the past admins.
(08-01-2015, 10:58 PM)GRiiM Wrote: When this rule first came out, I was unsure how to feel about it. After it's been up for quite some time now I've never seen anyone get out of hand with their discrimination and nobody I've spoken to has either.

It doesn't get out of hand which is good.

If it does go out of hand though one day, we can't do anything about it because it's allowed by the rules. That's why the rule is gone now.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(08-01-2015, 11:21 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: It doesn't get out of hand which is good.

If it does go out of hand though one day, we can't do anything about it because it's allowed by the rules. That's why the rule is gone now.
You could add a sub rule saying to keep it realistic and not to go too crazy

That's obviously very ambiguous but the line could basically be drawn when other users in the RP are uncomfortable or when an admin thinks it's going overboard and then the user needs to stop or if they continue then they get punished

Your second statement is simply not true. It is not allowed by the rules because if it got out of hand then it violates the part of the rule saying "do not do this to excess".

5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC, do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay. These actions must under no circumstances carry over to OOC.

The rule was fine the way it was.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 6 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • GRiiM, Shorty, already_fallen, Villain, Dauntless, Sjloefrens
(08-01-2015, 10:54 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Some things you shouldn't allow even though it might be a roleplay experience.

Do we really want our girl population to be treaten like shit just because it's IC? Might hurt their feelings.

Do we really want black (or white) people to be made fun of IC which might hurt their feelings?

I don't want that. I think there are plenty of other roleplay things to do.

Do you really want little kids to be cursed out in IC by older players? It might hurt hurt their feelings, might wanna make it a rule to not curse anymore, especially to look out for the younger players.

On a more serious note, I've never seen any IC sexist/racist situation get out of hand and all the OOC racism/sexism I've witnessed have been dealt with accordingly, with a punishment being handed out pretty much every time.