Rule change
(08-14-2015, 12:08 PM)jimmyboyo Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 11:44 AM)DVN Wrote: In all honesty I don't see how not being able to disrespect someone IC affects you all so bad? Sure you can't call anyone the 'N' word or 'gay' but you can still RP? it hardly limits us, people have played for years without that ability fine and that's the way it's gone back to.

Can we just settle at Rape, Discrimination and Racism are all as bad as each other and leave them banned.

No, I'm not willing to settle with your premise that rape, discrimination and racism are "all as bad as each other". Rape is way, way, a thousand times worse. I genuinely don't understand why people can equate one with the other. It's like saying "You know what's bad? Littering in the park. It's like murdering someone".

I'm willing to accept, however, that this rule has now been changed, and I'll respect the change. I just think it's an incredibly unwise move.

They are all bad is what I'm trying to say, and are now all banned.

I personally think rape is the worst of the three, and is very horrible.
(08-13-2015, 03:27 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Ugh Rolorox im done with you saying what i do and dont understand, you dont get to decide that for me bud. I get the feeling that you dont understand that people might sometimes disagree with you on certain topics.

And just saying, defending racism with freedom of speech makes you look very, very bad in my eyes.

Okay. That doesn't make you less wrong or ignorant. Yeah people definitely disagree on topics like how the westboro baptist church views homosexuality. So just because they disagree means they are there for right based on the soul argument that it is their opinion. 

Also you seem to read everything I say and either you are spinning it into something its not or just ignoring it. I have never once defended racism. I have already multiple times voiced the fact that I am widely against it and never myself use it. That is not what I am arguing. I am not arguing that it is okay, I am stating that people are going to be racist whether you ask for that to change or not. Some people use games as an outlet for pent up aggression and killing people in a game could be argued to be similar to being racist to people in a game. It is ways for these people to not only take out aggression but act in ways they would never in real life. Again as its a game, no one gets offended by being killed as they shouldn't be offended by racism. 

I would much rather have kids on a game being all tough like "f*ck you ni**er" in a proper roleplay sense then actually being racist outside of the game or lashing out on community members because of pent up hostility. Also please before you try to argue that "oh well the same thing can be said for rape in a game" just don't. No human can make a sensible argument comparing the two. That's not my opinion that's just fact. You can't seriously argue that allowing rape rp would add more than it would retract like in other examples.

Point is. You are allowed to have your opinion, but you like to state "since its my opinion its not wrong, because I believe it". Well if we are basing things purely on a majority belief, or common belief than you know as well as I do that rape does not compare to racism. I have no idea how someone can actually try so hard to argue otherwise. It is like debating something where you never win. No majority would ever agree with you and if somehow you got people too you would still look horrible for trying to integrate such a morbid ideology.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Hitman
I really appreciate this rule, agreed 110% with it.
MOST of us are here to have a good time, not to be insulted with racism/homophobia/sexism so I really think this was for the best.
(08-28-2015, 11:15 PM)Gizmo Wrote: I really appreciate this rule, agreed 110% with it.
MOST of us are here to have a good time, not to be insulted with racism/homophobia/sexism so I really think this was for the best.

If someone insults you IN CHARACTER, they are insulting your character. You yourself shouldn't be offended by this. Your character should be. If -you- yourself get insulted by someone calling your make-believe black character a racist slur, then quite simply you're a bad roleplayer, because you are clearly unable to disassociate yourself from your character. (N.B I am not accusing you of this)

If someone throws a racist or sexist term at you personally OUT OF CHARACTER, then you are well within your rights to be offended, and said douchebag should be banned.

The two are worlds apart in terms of difference and seriousness.
The following 6 users Like jimmyboyo's post:
  • mgdwszx, GeorgeTheBoy, Nacreas, already_fallen, Dauntless, Ivan Tempski
Grow the fuck up, getting called a vagina over the internet shouldn't hurt you
The following 2 users Like Astari's post:
  • Freezak, Doctor KuLa
I never noticed that rule was there, but thanks for the change.
[Image: LZEd8IJ.png]