Staff resignation notice
(08-01-2015, 02:07 PM)LivKX Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 01:04 PM)AwesomeSauce Wrote: Any estimate of when the LimeLight server might be going up?

[L²] Faustie: Hopefully a day or two

Liiiiv that means your back yay!
(08-01-2015, 02:11 PM)Internet Explorer Wrote: Liiiiv that means your back yay!

hi
Did Soul buy another boat?
The following 10 users Like Jamie's post:
  • Preditor, Obay, SourLemon, Benporium, GRiiM, Mustang, James_Gaff, AwesomeSauce, Sirrus, Nacreas
(08-01-2015, 07:20 PM)Jamie Wrote: Did Soul buy another boat?

In case he hasn't, here's a good place to look:
http://yournewboat.com/ShowAllBoats-under50.html
Signature removed, inappropriate image.
Will you kiddos stop being so toxic to eachother already...

Factbased:
Soul made huge numbers but spent barely anything for the sake of server development, which is what donations are for. He's a great guy, but not the best leader, hence they want to switch owner, yet keep Soul as a Founder, which still is a respectful role, and so he doesn't have to care as much about the community changes as he does now. If he agreed to this, the community would be able to keep going, and earn the future donations for server dev only. 

Heck, even in my job irl, which is a multimillionaire company, no matter what "rank" you are, everybody can see how the money flow is going. 

Anyway, I wish the community the best of luck on getting back on its feet, or just call it quits.
There's no point in arguing or flaming.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 10 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • GRiiM, James_Gaff, Viljo, Sirrus, Faustie, Benporium, Preditor, Mist, Nacreas, alexxx
So this has been bothering me for a while, and i have spoken to an ex-staffmember about it but i would like to hear an answer on this:

The administrators are complaining that Soul is overriding their decisions, basicly making calls on his own. If thats the case, i understand its frustrating to work under such circumstances but why are you complaining? You did it yourself a while back as administrator.

A while back this community voted with a majority of 66% to keep 3rd person shooting in and guess what? The admin team overrode that decision and told the community that, despite being a minority, it was important to remove that "bug". Hell, an admin even told me that my opinion didnt matter because the staffteam was making all the calls.
Isnt that a bit hypocritic?
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Adamantite
(08-02-2015, 01:51 AM)Baskingner Wrote: So this has been bothering me for a while, and i have spoken to an ex-staffmember about it but i would like to hear an answer on this:
The administrators are complaining that Soul is overriding their decisions, basicly making calls on his own. If thats the case, i understand its frustrating to work under such circumstances but why are you complaining? You did it yourself a while back as administrator.
A while back this community voted with a majority of 66% to keep 3rd person shooting in and guess what? The admin team overrode that decision and told the community that, despite being a minority, it was important to remove that "bug". Hell, an admin even told me that my opinion didnt matter because the staffteam was making all the calls.
Isnt that a bit hypocritic?
If I recall correctly the choices were literally keep 3rd person shooting or remove the new weapons. I mean you can still shoot in 3rd person there is just no longer a reticle. Point is 3rd person made guns too accurate and overpowered. It was a smart decision, with the new weapons the same problem arose and it was just about time to get rid of the reticle. There was ways of literally never missing with rifles that should have enormous spread and recoil.

Edit: I should include that this problem was not just with the new weapons, it occurred with the old ones as well.
The following 2 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • James_Gaff, GRiiM
(08-02-2015, 01:58 AM)Rolorox Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 01:51 AM)Baskingner Wrote: Snip
If I recall correctly the choices were literally keep 3rd person shooting or remove the new weapons. I mean you can still shoot in 3rd person there is just no longer a reticle. Point is 3rd person made guns too accurate and overpowered. It was a smart decision, with the new weapons the same problem arose and it was just about time to get rid of the reticle. There was ways of literally never missing with rifles that should have enormous spread and recoil.

Edit: I should include that this problem was not just with the new weapons, it occurred with the old ones as well.

Look, you are doing it again. "It was a smart decision" and "time to get rid of your reticle" in your eyes, yet 66% disagreed with you. You overrode the communities decision with your own because it was better in your eyes. 

The facts are:
- The community could vote on keeping or removing the 3rd person shooting
- New weapons had nothing to do with it, that argument came much, much later.
- 66% of the community voted on "keep 3rd person shooting"
- The admin team used the new weapons as a way to remove the 3rd person perks anyway.
There shouldn't have been any "perks" as it was.

Also, the issue was always there, it was simply dealt with, with the release of new weapons.

There are things where the admin team over riding a 3rd of votes (not the whole community mind) is for the better. There is never a time an owner over riding an entire staff team is right.

The admins make(made) choices like that because they cared for the server. Soul make choices like that, in my eyes, because he saw himself as invincible and untouchable. He thought that his admins would simply lay down and be his bitch. If you don't like the way the admins made choices, why didn't you leave or complain?
And so if they kept in a method that could be exploited to get an unfair accuracy you would've been totally fine with that?