Staff resignation notice
(08-01-2015, 11:31 AM)AwesomeSauce Wrote: RIC0H, you have to understand that donating to FearlessRP isn't like purchasing a product. The benefits you get from donating are only there to encourage donations, the donations themselves are meant to help the server.

When you buy an apple, the apple is the product. But when you donate to a server, the benefits are merely a side effect. The product is the server time you paid for.

I know my view is a bit ass backwards, but I didn't see it as a donation, I saw it as a purchase for perks.

I know it's really a donation and the perks are for donating, but that's why I said my view of it was ass backwards. Tounge
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • AwesomeSauce
Just so everyone is clear:

- We did not unban any members.
- It was in an agreement with Soul that we can use the CityRP gamemode.

Please stop making accusations that you can't backup.
The following 11 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • livkx, AwesomeSauce, Wood, GRiiM, Mathias_, Blurr, Karakuts, Obay, Enzyme, Sirrus, Nacreas
The admin team made FL what it was today, soulripper was nowhere to be seen. How many times did you see him on the server? Maybe an hour or so a week. How many times did you see the admins on? Every fucking day working their arse off to keep you lot happy who are know whining. Give it a break, FL was made by the people, not by the owner.
The following 3 users Like Mustang's post:
  • AwesomeSauce, GRiiM, Dauntless
(08-01-2015, 11:44 AM)Mustang Wrote: How many times did you see the admins on? Every freaking day working their arse off

Wow..
Admins administrating the server instead of being Admins that do F all.. No wonder why they all resigned.

(08-01-2015, 11:44 AM)Mustang Wrote: FL was made by the people, not by the owner.

I would assume that Fearless was made by the owner, but the community was made by people joining it and interacting with each other.

The owner remains while staff come and go <- That's how communities in general work.

I personally think all this happened because the system that's in place atm is flawed.
I have seen many communities via my online time and this is the first time I have seen a community where the owner is expected to be equal to the staff.

The owner is meant to be the top man, no one tells the owner what they can/cannot do, but they can give feedback and suggestions for the owner to take into consideration and deal with it if it's rejected.
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • Haarek
Fearless was simply good because of the community and the people in it, the players and admins made the community not the owner.
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • GRiiM
To be honest the community has gone to shit too. If anyone makes any type of mistake all they hear is "Enjoy your ban" or "BR Going up Smile". I miss the times where it was about RP and not banning every player around.
The following 3 users Like Kierondeeuk's post:
  • AwesomeSauce, Haarek, RRK
(08-01-2015, 12:05 PM)Kierondeeuk Wrote: To be honest the community has gone to shit too. If anyone makes any type of mistake all they hear is "Enjoy your ban" or "BR Going up Smile". I miss the times where it was about RP and not banning every player around.

100% agree. In my experience with this server, more time was spent bitching about the rules than actually RPing.
Signature removed, inappropriate image.
The following 3 users Like AwesomeSauce's post:
  • Kierondeeuk, Haarek, RRK
[Image: Pay+respects+to+the+god+of+journalism_c8...385771.jpg]
Much love to the brave warrior team of administration. Wait... was that sarcastic?
(08-01-2015, 12:14 PM)AwesomeSauce Wrote: 100% agree. In my experience with this server, more time was spent bitching about the rules than actually RPing.

Yeah, I gave myself a "timeout" from this community for a few months due to these "unwritten rules".

I still remember the admin telling me that SRU's cannot patrol because it was "against the rules" (even when authorised by the president to do so and there were no police online).
So I logged into the site and read every single rule and got slightly confused as there was actually no rule.
So I questioned the admin and he said they were "unwritten rules" Skeptical

Then when I said how am I supposed to follow rules that are not written down he said... "Do not question me (as an admin) as it's against the rules and can result in a ban".

I was like:

(08-01-2015, 12:22 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(08-01-2015, 12:14 PM)AwesomeSauce Wrote: 100% agree. In my experience with this server, more time was spent bitching about the rules than actually RPing.

Yeah, I gave myself a "timeout" from this community for a few months due to these "unwritten rules".

I still remember the admin telling me that SRU's cannot patrol because it was "against the rules" (even when authorised by the president to do so and there were no police online).
So I logged into the site and read every single rule and got slightly confused as there was actually no rule.
So I questioned the admin and he said they were "unwritten rules" Skeptical

Then when I said how am I supposed to follow rules that are not written down he said... "Do not question me (as an admin) as it's against the rules and can result in a ban".

I was like:

Because we can totally know the UNWRITTEN rules off by heart can't we.

kappa.