pr
Name of player: [FL:RP] lods of emone

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:65618358
`
Time in GMT: 23:30ish

Server: v2d

Summary: Used external script to post hundreds of laws in chunks, knowing it would cause lag when he posted a chunk. It ended up causing half the server to disconnect/crash. He then ended up doing it again over and over despite a flood of ooc requests for him to stop. Each burst of laws would fill up the chat screen 2-3 times over, and cause a stutter each time. he did this until there were 177 laws, people requesting him to stop in OOC everytime he did a burst.

Evidence:`
Example of the bursts of laws

Evidence of crash/disconnect

Spoiler :

[Image: OermHHh.png]
Potential second crashes that happened approximately 3 minutes after the last burst all at once(I believe sv_timeout is 180)
[Image: Cv5UlKq.png]

Evidence he knew it had the potential to crash players and repeated it anyway

Okay, let's just fill my side of the story here.

I acquired this script off my good friend Doctor Internet, who was given to go-ahead to use them beforehand. I did, yes crash half the people on the server the first time I did it, but the reason for this was that I accidentally ran 2 scripts too quickly together, overloading the server and causing it to drop the clients. The second time through, however, the server remained up, thus proving that I did not make these laws with malicious intent. I know these kind of scripts have the potential to crash the server and this is why I try my absolute best to be careful with them. If I did really want to crash the server on purpose, I would recreate this script with 500 laws at once containing "asdsdfadsfdasfaf", and that's only one way of doing it.

Now, I do realize these may cause a 2 or 3 second hiccup between bursts, but there is not much I can do so solve this. I try to make sure there are no major gunfights etc. going on while I do this to cause as little disruption as possible. But it's... what? Eight 2 or 3 second lag spikes over the course of 5 minutes? It's really nothing major and the only reason the scripts were created was to enhance RP. As I previously stated, if I did want to intentionally crash the server I would use more malicious means.

That is my say in this, hopefully this can be resolved without any problems.

Edit: As you can see here, the laws are split into 9 scripts that I run apart from each other, to try and prevent myself from crashing the server. As I have said before the reason that I crashed the server before was that I accidentally ran them in too quick succession, thus causing clients to be dropped.
[Image: VCd1jCM.png?1]
Okay, so during the following thing I was the vice president.So I am on the side of lods - the thing is that the first time when he posted the laws, he posted them too fast and that's what caused the server to actually crash.The second time, he made a pause of around a minute before posting the laws, so I don't think he should be punished or anything.
Also his laws were professional and he was acting properly as a president.
During this, I was the SWAT Sergeant, so I witnessed everything that happened. Lods tried doing the bursts too quickly as he said. This caused client 40 to overload or one of the clients and crashed the server. He became VP or President after that and did at least 30 seconds of a break in between bursts. The bursts caused a 1 second bit of lag which had no real effect. The police radio was empty so there probably was no big event going on that could have been ruined. You kept complaining in OOC and so did a lot of other people, but in the end, they were all professional laws and they only enhanced the RP.
stupid signature keeps breaking
(07-30-2015, 11:52 PM)Demonizer Wrote: During this, I was the SWAT Sergeant, so I witnessed everything that happened. Lods tried doing the bursts too quickly as he said. This caused client 40 to overload or one of the clients and crashed the server. He became VP or President after that and did at least 30 seconds of a break in between bursts. The bursts caused a 1 second bit of lag which had no real effect. The police radio was empty so there probably was no big event going on that could have been ruined. You kept complaining in OOC and so did a lot of other people, but in the end, they were all professional laws and they only enhanced the RP.

This exactly, I checked radio chatter to make sure there was nothing going on before I ran the scripts so they would have no major effect on other RPs on the server. After causing some clients to be dropped, I split one of the larger scripts into two smaller ones and made sure I ran them slower the 2nd time.
(07-30-2015, 11:55 PM)lods of emone Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:52 PM)Demonizer Wrote: During this, I was the SWAT Sergeant, so I witnessed everything that happened. Lods tried doing the bursts too quickly as he said. This caused client 40 to overload or one of the clients and crashed the server. He became VP or President after that and did at least 30 seconds of a break in between bursts. The bursts caused a 1 second bit of lag which had no real effect. The police radio was empty so there probably was no big event going on that could have been ruined. You kept complaining in OOC and so did a lot of other people, but in the end, they were all professional laws and they only enhanced the RP.

This exactly, I checked radio chatter to make sure there was nothing going on before I ran the scripts so they would have no major effect on other RPs on the server. After causing some clients to be dropped, I split one of the larger scripts into two smaller ones and made sure I ran them slower the 2nd time.

You knew it annoyed a significant chunk of the server doing it, and knew it had the potential to crash players, and still continued to do it. Going by the massive of timeouts shortly after you finished, it seemed you crashed some more as well.
(07-31-2015, 01:07 AM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 11:55 PM)lods of emone Wrote:

You knew it annoyed a significant chunk of the server doing it, and knew it had the potential to crash players, and still continued to do it. Going by the massive of timeouts shortly after you finished, it seemed you crashed some more as well.
It may have annoyed some of the people that lost contra or something due to the laws before hand, he implemented new measures to make sure it didn't happen. You can easily handle the 1 seconds spikes of lag that happened when he posted a new chunk. He even said
Quote:I split one of the larger scripts into two smaller ones and made sure I ran them slower the 2nd time.
The clients were fine the second time anyway. The last picture shows that he will fix his mistake and make it fine. I saw someone (I think it was an admin) do this with bigger bursts going to about 350 laws and it was all fine.
stupid signature keeps breaking
Player report for: lods of emone denied for the reason We are not here it slow down roleplay

[FL:M] Suarez
Fearless Moderation Team
Denied
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub