Windows 10 Update - Easy Way (no waiting)
(07-30-2015, 11:14 AM)Wood Wrote: You keep everything unless you tell it to wipe it.
Does it move all folders into a Windows.old folder like it did when upgrading Windows in the past?
Yup

[Image: 1547c9a5804df0afa9bdd5e479e77d82.png]
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Worked for my shady version of Windows 10 preview, thanks.
This worked for me.

I have to say, I don't think Windows 10 is revolutionary as they keep saying...From my few hours using it, aside from aesthetic improvements, nothing has really changed.

OS is generally faster though, so not complaining. (After BIOS screen, PC loads in roughly 7 seconds.)

But yeah, there's not a great deal of change from using Windows 8.1 with the windows 7 desktop mod. Microsoft edge seems interesting though. Doubt i'll use it however.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Wood
(07-30-2015, 02:28 PM)Jono Wrote: This worked for me.
I have to say, I don't think Windows 10 is revolutionary as they keep saying...From my few hours using it, aside from aesthetic improvements, nothing has really changed.
OS is generally faster though, so not complaining. (After BIOS screen, PC loads in roughly 7 seconds.)
But yeah, there's not a great deal of change from using Windows 8.1 with the windows 7 desktop mod. Microsoft edge seems interesting though. Doubt i'll use it however.
I agree with you. And yeah, Microsoft Edge is quite faster than IE to be honest, but a lot of people won't use it until it supports extensions, it's really annoying without my baby AdBlock Plus Sad
If also, I found out, you're upgrading from 8.1 Enterprise or 8.1 RT, you are not eligible for the free update. It's what I've seen on the Microsoft website.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
And, I just made my first Note page with Microsoft Edge and OneNote. (Just kidding wood Tounge)
[Image: nb1z77y.png]
The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
  • Zecon
ATTENTION WIFI USERS:
Windows 10 security alert as new 'feature' automatically shares your wifi passwords with ALL Outlook, Skype and Facebook contacts who also have the software

Read more @ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...tware.html
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
That's a feature on Windows phone already. It doesn't share the password but gives access to your Facebook friends etc. That article is over exaggerating what it is. You even have to enable it. Also seeing as that's what it's designed for, that application was specifically made for giving access to wifi.

It's like saying a car that's able to drive is a safety hazard.
The following 1 user Likes Suarez's post:
  • James_Gaff
Annoying thing is I asked it to wipe everything, leaves me a backup in my C drive and doesn't bother wiping my second drive. Except that it was easy, worked fine.