[Update] The Evocity Stock Exchange
Video 
For a little over a year now I've been playing with the idea of a player run stock market to be made available for FL players. After creating the front end of the website at the beginning of this year and recently rebranding everything Mathias_ joined in to help code the back end of the website and in just a few days the progress that has been made is amazing. The video below shows what has been completed as of yet and all numerical values are dynamically generated. In addition Mathias_ has used Steam for login/account purposes as it allows for simple registration and user authenticity (no, we can't see your account info nor is it sent to our server). For those curious this runs separate from FL and does not receive nor send any data to the server (to do so would require this to be implemented by FL staff or violate the ToS). We're looking forward to getting this set up as soon as we can!

(Watch in HD and wide/full screen for best view)
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Noble
So when you say dynamically generated, I assume that means it's not 'player' controlled?

Looks good, though
A more fitting signature. 

Stratton Oakmont is making a come back! Jordan Belfort is here to commit fraud once more!

(07-28-2015, 05:07 PM)Jono Wrote: So when you say dynamically generated, I assume that means it's not 'player' controlled?

Looks good, though

I meant it more like the numbers aren't just static placeholders. Players won't directly control stock prices in order to prevent scenarios such as 'pump and dump'. The stocks will be based off actual clans on FL (assuming they wish to participate) and are affected by things such as member count changes, activity, warfare, etc.
I'm sure Weyland could get involved in this. Looks like a fantastic project, Noble!
Good luck in that, hope it succeeds.
Lookin Noice Smile
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
THIS SHIT JUST CRASHED