Define 'Proper road side parking'
Well, the other night I impounded a vehicle of a user I deemed to be 'Obstructing' the road.

In my eyes proper road side parking would be:
  • The vehicle is mounted half on the footpath, leaving space for passers by.
  • The vehicle is mounted half on the road so it doesn't take a full lane up.
The one I impounded was parked on the white line but was a Raptor and took up the full lane, I felt that was easily 'Obstructing' the road as it was directly across from the Nexus, possibly the busiest junction on the server at that time.
If it was obstructing a full lane I would have done the same and impounded the vehicle.
(07-20-2015, 08:54 AM)Blurr Wrote: If it was obstructing a full lane I would have done the same and impounded the vehicle.

Yeah, I was told it was wrong though unfortunately.
Go by traffic road laws.

Parking within 10ft of a T-junction is illegal, at least in Britain.

I normally impound cars if I see they're causing trouble. I.e people have to actively drive around them.
(07-20-2015, 09:22 AM)Jamster Wrote: Go by traffic road laws.

Parking within 10ft of a T-junction is illegal, at least in Britain.

I normally impound cars if I see they're causing trouble. I.e people have to actively drive around them.

That's exactly what people we're doing. Outside the office building opposite the nexus, driving round the raptors. May I also add that they argued it follows American style laws and parking rights/habits, so I have no leg to stand on when it comes to Britain aha.
Well,the city itself looks american-ish. Because the bank is "Bank of america" and other things,like right hand side driving etc. We should make our own fl laws Tounge
All's I will say here is that the Raptors were NOT blocking the entire road nor were they causing people to go around them. The road is big enough so that a car can fit by, without having to pass the yellow lines, and still be safe. I have even tested this MULTIPLE times with several different cars and they can ALL pass by without having to cross the lines. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(07-20-2015, 10:22 AM)NightHawkd Wrote: All's I will say here is that the Raptors were NOT blocking the entire road nor were they causing people to go around them. The road is big enough so that a car can fit by, without having to pass the yellow lines, and still be safe. I have even tested this MULTIPLE times with several different cars and they can ALL pass by without having to cross the lines. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

I understand, although cars did have to go onto the oncoming lane to pass those raptors. Either way, this is in no way a thread to complain or start an argument again. I'm just looking for something definitive so next time stupid shit doesn't happen.
Or maybe park 18 inches off of the curb like a human being, instead of parking half on a sidewalk. THAT'S how you get impounded.
edit: Or perhaps look at it realistically. Nobody on FL seems to know this general fact, but a white curb is meant to signify drop off points.. ie no parking, so just impound the vehicle and call it a day.
Here's how it should be.

Red = No parking
Green = Parking

[Image: FL_Parking.jpg]

The only ones that can park in the red zones are emergency vehicles ATTENDING an emergency.
Emergency vehicles should park in designated (green) areas when not attending an emergency.

Anyone (including emergency vehicles not attending an emergency) that's parked in the red zone should expect to have their vehicle impounded.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]