Is this FailRP? [Debate/Discussion]
Question 
This is a bit of a long read but it's an interesting one and I hope you all read the whole thing. I intend for an intelligent and proper discussion to take place in the replies to follow, by both players and staff members alike. 

Today there was an incident on the V33x which resulted in a weapons blacklist for the 'offending' group for a mere 2 hours. Let me tell you about this incident and let you, the people of FLRP to decide if you think this is failRP.

A man named Gilligan Muccio was the Don Corleones, he had an underboss named Benefico who was second in command. There were 2 other corleones involved as well but they're not as important. Gilligan and Benefico meet with the current president of Evocity and discusses the citiy's current state and telsl the president that the city is vulnerable and unsafe for the people. The Don proposes to the president that if he paid him $2,000, he can offer his family's business services to help protect the city. The president declines this offer and sends The Don and his family back onto the streets. The Don promises that this city will be proven to be vulnerable and the president just laughs this comment off. So, the Don decides to gather the family and prove this claim to be true. He decides that the EvoCity Hospital would be a perfect place to prove that this city is vulnerable and in need of his family's services. The Don & company arrive at the hospital and start to shoot up the place as well as throw a molotov. (NOTE: There are occupants (Paramedics and some citizen's RPing, not alongside the Mafia RP, in the hospital as well.) The Don told everyone specifially not to BREAK any Props nor injure ANYONE. This remained true as the family walked through the hospital just shooting the walls and roofs and such. As they exit the hospital they know they have to make a quick get away as the police will surely be on the way and so they got in their vehicles and retreated back to their compound. This is when things become a bit weird.

Theomenz and Brynn happen to be at the Hospital doing some RP there. They were present when the Mafia arrived at the hospital. (I'm not 100% sure about Theomenz but I think Brynn was). As the Mafia was making their getaway Brynn asked for why the Mafia had shot up the hospital. A reply was given by the Don and then a meeting with the 2 moderators and the entire mafia family began OOCly. Both sides gave their arguments and this conference lasted a good 15 minutes as arguments were being traded back and forth.  Theomenz made the argument that it was FailRP to shoot up the hospital. He asked for real life examples of this happening and both the Don and underboss were able to cite real life examples of municipal buildings being roughed up by a Mafia. He then asked about the buisness with the government and then was provided RL examples of when the Mafia interfered with the government by the Underboss. He still felt it was FailRP even when it was organized by the Don for nothing and nobody to be injured/destroyed. The whole shooting up of the hospital was to send a message to the Government that the Mafia was not to be messed with but in an eventful and not fatal way.

The Don & Underboss explained that there was legitimate background RP as to why the hospital was shot up, and compared it to a business, say a restaurant that didn't pay it's extortion and was then punished by the Mafia. Brynn said that the hospital was a PassiveRP business but then the Mafia leaders said that any business downtown or where ever would be considered a passive RP business but that doesn't stop the Mafia/Corleones from demanding extortiong from them. The moderators then decided to declare that the Leaders would be punished with a weapons BL. When the Moderators were asked EXACTLY what rule was broken, none were cited and the reply was just that it was FailRP. With this mindset, you could pretty much say that any business is a PassiveRP business and should not be interfered with by the Mafia, even with BG RP.
So, would you say this is FailRP or not?

The reason why I'm posting this is not because of the punishment length or whatever, I could care less about that. It is because there was a punishment in the first place and that the events weren't handled ICly and instead were handled by the moderator. This makes it seem like Mafia/Corleone RP is restricted in terms of freedom to RP even when it is well thought out and executed with background RP involved.

Note: FailRP is mostly based off of an admins discretion, there aren't exact rules that define every scenario of FailRP but it's assumed that what is and what isn't FailRP would be common knoledge.
You're best bet is to make an unban request where the admins can then deal with it. Asking the people of FL with their many opinions isn't the best bet in my opinion.
(07-17-2015, 04:55 AM)Suarez Wrote: You're best bet is to make an unban request where the admins can then deal with it. Asking the people of FL with their many opinions isn't the best bet in my opinion.

I'm not asking for those that were punished to be unpunished. If you read it you would see that there was only a short blacklist for weapons. You would also see that I'm asking for community member's opinions on this matter, not just an admins.
Like Suarez said, I don't think you should ask us the community for our opinions for this, our opinions would be different, some would say it is and some would say it's not.
Need to know both sides before I can comment.
[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Meh I'm not commenting only hearing one side of the story, I'll talk to brynn when I'm back from college
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Davidson
Not failRP
PassiveRP's doesnt guarantee immunity to aggressiveRP, this had already been discussed. Tough for the hospital since they had no security.
The following 3 users Like Jericho's post:
  • mgdwszx, Shorty, Noble
(07-17-2015, 04:12 AM)Shorty Wrote: The Don & company arrive at the hospital and start to shoot up the place as well as throw a molotov. (NOTE: There are occupants (Paramedics and some citizen's RPing, not alongside the Mafia RP, in the hospital as well.)

Out of the whole thing this was the only thing I had a hard time believing.
I mean c'mon... paramedics using the hospital.

We all know that paramedics use the fire station.  Skeptical
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
I would like to hear both sides. But depending on how much background there was (not just "pres didn't pay us, we shoot up hospital") because I feel like unless there was sufficient enough drive to go to such extents it shouldn't have happened. You are an intelligent mafia, not terrorists. I agree extorting the president and possibly hostaging hospital staff and citizens would be a good roleplay to show you mean business. But from what I read here you threatened the president, he denied, then you shot and killed a bunch of citizens and defenseless government workers. I am sorry but you can give as many examples without context, but I know for a fact mafias did not go around like terrorists shooting up hospitals unless they were trying to kill someone there or had a damn good reason.

In my opinion the act is not failrp, but how you went about it seems to be failrp. What you think is a sufficient roleplay background, doesn't seem like that to me. There would be a lot more factors. Plus the only point you would get across by shooting up a hospital is that "we want you to come kill us", hostaging civilians would get your point across so much more and make you more money. It could have been roleplayed a lot better.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Davidson
Mafia don't do drive by shootings of this nature, to be honest.

If you were roleplaying as cripz or bloodz, then I could understand it, but to make a point as Mafia you'd kill/abduct someone important. Perhaps the Chief of police? You wouldn't shoot up a hospital. You're a Mafia, not a gang. As a Mafia, you'd perhaps blockade the hospital with a few big trucks or cars to disturb the service, then stand there with guns. Then, if the president didn't pay you, you take hostages. From there, you kill one every 10 mins(?) or so till you get what you're "owed".

From what I've heard, I believe it is FailRP.