iac's UBR
Your name: iac/Iac

Your ban ID: 63030/63031/Teamspeak

Banned by: ([FL] Temar/[FL] General Rickets

Reason: ToS/"DDoS Attacks towards fearless"

Involved: (Who was involved? Jordy, Temar, other people in teamspeak?

Why we should unban you: Just going to give the background detail of this first.

It was sunday night and Jordy had been banned, later on that night he joked to me saying "f5 my thread so it gets a bunch of views" as a joke, at first I didn't do it and carried on with what I was doing, he did it and managed to either slow down the website or make it crash, I'm not sure which. As a result of this I decided to test if my self, "is it possible to take down the forums by mass f5ing it?" and so I did test it.
I have a program or a script(what ever you want to call it) where I can input the url and it will mass f5 it - http://gyazo.com/36d6422bf2522a49d7fd588a9253a548

After inputting the url I left it run for a little while, not sure how long but I think it reached around 75,000 requests, after refreshing the fearless page and it not loading up for me and other users in the teamspeak channel I was quite surprised that by mass f5ing it took down your servers. After thinking about this I still wonder how my internet took down your highly powered servers which are also protected by cloudflare.

Later on I was banned from the servers for "ToS" and then banned from Teamspeak for ""DDoS Attacks towards fearless." by General Rickets, which in a sense is technically invalid, it was not a DDoS, it a mass f5ing, or a DOS if you want to call it that.

I have no malicious intent to cause harm to fearless's servers and I've helped your admin team a few times, Faustie can back me on that one. I have no reason to harm your servers and I was quite surprised that by a mass f5ing your servers went down for around 4-5 minutes?
I hope you see past my mistake? and see that I was not intending to harm your servers and was a test to see if what Jordy had said was true, as I said again, I have no need to attack your servers.

I apologize for the small amount of downtime for my actions and hope it did not harm any servers or anything, thank you for taking your time to read this UBR
I pressed it maybe twice and seen the viewer count change. I did not make the website slow or crash. You used a script in which it crashed the forums as you sent 75k packets of requests. I said and I quote "f5 makes the viewer count changed haha, anyone could get tons of views."

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
Since I was in TeamSpeak at the same time, Jordy never told you to do it and you took matter into your own hands. He never joked about it, he only said that F5 changes the review account meaning it will refresh the page without pressing the refresh button.
Iac used a which sent multiple packets to the forums meaning it would crash. You were in the wrong so do not lie in the court house Iac.
What you did wasn't particularly smart; running unauthorized stress tests on our servers would obviously get people into trouble, especially if there was actually downtime, and I'm not at all surprised that you got banned, nor would I be surprised if many admins wished to keep you banned.

However, that said, a very basic DoS isn't the tool someone would normally use to attack a server, and judging by how openly you were discussing it on teamspeak I doubt you had malicious intent. It's also worth taking into account how you helped other FL players to secure their personal data online after they were being attacked, and notified staff; helping out like that doesn't make you immune to punishment, but it's certainly a point worth considering when deciding whether or not you've been malicious.

Some of you may be wondering about the rather odd nature of this post. I'm just stating the truth, that while Iac's actions were not OK, Iac has done some good things for FL in the past too and malicious intent is certainly questionable. That said, if the staff discussion here leans more heavily towards you remaining banned, it'll be as a cause of your own actions, Iac, which is regrettable, but wouldn't be too surprising. I just urge all admins discussing this to take into account the duality of this situation and look at - what I expect to be - the truth of it.
Going offline for now, will not be able to respond until tomorrow morning, any questions in that time I will not be able to answer.
-----Ignore this
Well the admin team discussed this matter and decided to denied the unban request at this time
We know your not a bad intentions person but what you did was unacceptable
id say there is a good chance of unban in the future but not yet
Denied