New theft system and crafting!
Suarez, scrap electronics can't be used yet. It's one of our new crafting items that'll be used in a few recipes for various items. I'm hoping to get some crafting things down soon, but I've got to wait for Wood to finish polishing off the new mixtures/schematics system. You should be able to figure out at least one or two of the new crafted items by some of the available resources in the police car. In the meantime, I'm going to be adding some of these new crafting items to other sources; non-criminal ones this time. I'm not sure how to generate them in an entirely passive way, but what I'll likely do next is add a chance for a couple of the items to generate when contraband is destroyed by police.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Suarez
I see. The items are quite good, from what I've seen. i.e. damaged tazers, ammo, police uniforms. The fact people can also sell these on a player-driven market is awesome. Thanks for the reply Smile
I'm interested to see what the prices of some of these items will be. The % rate of a police uniform is 5%, but combine that with the 50% base rate of failure then it's 2.5% chance to get one per car per 15 minutes, which isn't high. Obviously statistics mean f*ck all to the individual here, but it's going to be a rare item, especially as it's one-use. I imagine the price will be strongly affected by supply and demand, though I can't tell for sure; it was my intention, though.

Regarding the police uniform; yes, it's one-use, so if you put it on that's it. However, it logs both in standard logs and with a special highlight in the admin's stored logs, so if there's a server crash or you're RDM'd with it on then admins will be able to refund you with ease. I think it's only fair, considering the likely cost of some of these items.
Oh my fucking God, yes.
[Image: Yes.gif] [Image: Yes.gif] [Image: Yes.gif] [Image: Yes.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Time to go buy stunguns
Fixed a lil farming exploit I didn't realize you could do. People were able to bypass the 1 in 15 mins thing by all lockpicking at once. That no longer works; it checks for if it's been robbed every frame you use the weapon, so while you'll finish the looting animation, you won't get anything.

I'm looking into potential police updates to help them combat the new wave of car thefts.
*cough* spikestrips *cough*
A more fitting signature. 
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • Suarez, MacTavish