Smart Weld has returned!
The Fix has been uploaded , will be live on next crash
Great, a small suggestion though now we're on it:

What about not only changing the color, but the material also changes so you very easily see what is selected and not. (some props are being hard to notice)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 5 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Nyander, Wood, Cameron, Burnett, Avgar
SmartWeld! Probably my best friend in terms of GMod tools Tounge.
I appreciate the swift acceptance and integration of the rework as well as the expressed thanks!

After taking a look at the tool once more I remembered that setting the color was always glitchy, you could never get the same one to show on your props as it appeared in the color selection control.

I found the issue and resolved it. Welcome to the full range of RGB, ladies and gentlemen:

(06-26-2015, 11:09 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Great, a small suggestion though now we're on it:

What about not only changing the color, but the material also changes so you very easily see what is selected and not. (some props are being hard to notice)

Very good idea! In the spoiler above you can see a test of that idea. I used the "models/shiny" material to make the props have an even, vibrant surface, which should make them stand out enough. Do you have any suggestions for other materials? Also, is there a need for materializing to be made optional?

Both the color fix and material enhancement changes are sitting in the repository, feel free to upload this next version.
The following 1 user Likes Avgar's post:
  • General Rickets
(06-27-2015, 01:06 AM)Avgar Wrote: -snip-

Nice work Avgar!
I dont really know what smart weld is, but awesome work!
I can't wait to see all the great builds people are going to make
^^