I just love <3 how the server is always fucking going down
Heart 
Like Jesus Christ, it gets so bring, earning money just to lose it when I buy two money printers and the server goes down 2 mins later.
It's happened to me at least 5 times.

The amount of donations you get you must be able to afford some better fucking DDoS protection, like seriously. Is anyone going to refund me? Of course they aren't!
Why couldnt you pm the owner or one of the developers, instead of attention seeking and making a thread?
Most common issue is simply a crash
We could create an anti crash system (like guns) but did decide it was fine and its just part of the risk
The following 2 users Like Temar's post:
  • MacTavish, BasicallyMental
It was most probably a server crash, something that isn't really preventable. Most attacks the server can withstand so buying DDoS protection when we are already protected isn't really needed.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 2 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • Burnett, MacTavish
(06-26-2015, 11:40 AM)[ Insert Meme Here ] Wrote: The amount of donations you get you must be able to afford some better freaking DDoS protection, like seriously. Is anyone going to refund me? Of course they aren't!

Bullshit. We're already protected against attacks.
The following 6 users Like Burnett's post:
  • Ducky_, Nacreas, Pinky, Reverse Flash, MacTavish, Decay
I'm more annoyed about the fact that your signature fills my screen as opposed to losing 2 money printers.

EDIT: Read this mate.

Faustie Wrote:Just as a side note, I'm not too strict about it. If your dimensions are around 530x220, I won't mind much. It's more when we start adding hundreds to the allowed dimensions that we have problems, or if one dimension is particularly large even when the other is within acceptable limits. I'm also not really fussed about filesize unless its crazy. 100kb is fine considering how most people here have decent internet.
The following 4 users Like Suarez's post:
  • Ducky_, Voluptious, Matrix_, Reverse Flash
In checking logs etc., the server has not fallen to any DDoS attacks recently, and this is a source engine/gamemode issue (usually a combination of the two). Donation money won't fix that.

Also, most things are now crash-proof. Guns/mods are crash-proof, there are plans to do the same for kevlar etc. We haven't given out refunds for crashes in the past, and you won't be the exception.
(06-21-2015, 06:28 PM)Voluptious Wrote: When people claim that the server does not have any/good enough ddos protection I kinda want the SA team to turn it off for an hour,let the playerbase experience the things they take for granted.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Why do people make all these assumptions like we have no DDoS protection. How did you identify, with conclusive evidence that it was an attack?

(06-26-2015, 12:29 PM)Suarez Wrote:
Faustie Wrote:Just as a side note, I'm not too strict about it. If your dimensions are around 530x220, I won't mind much. It's more when we start adding hundreds to the allowed dimensions that we have problems, or if one dimension is particularly large even when the other is within acceptable limits. I'm also not really fussed about filesize unless its crazy. 100kb is fine considering how most people here have decent internet.

EDIT: Would this even matter anymore, seems like signature areas have a set width and height anyway hence the scroll bars. Pretty sure this doesn't really count anymore, the file size might though.
(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)DVN Wrote: -snip-

I'm on the new layout and it has no scrollbar and is just a full image.

Anyway, back to the topic.
The following 1 user Likes Suarez's post:
  • MacTavish