Favourite Programming Language
Java is outdated and not even used anymore, when have any of you downloaded ANYTHING which used Java NOT including Minecraft cuz even that hunk of shit is being ported to C

Python is about as useful as a baby aka it does nothing
(08-19-2015, 05:39 AM)s a d b o y Wrote: Java is outdated and not even used anymore, when have any of you downloaded ANYTHING which used Java NOT including Minecraft cuz even that hunk of shit is being ported to C

I wrote an entire API for a serial receipt printer in python....
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
I program in C#, C++, Assembly and Lua when it comes to GMod.
Java is actually pretty alright if you want to support multiple OS, but the problem is that not only is it bad, it is also slow if you build huge projects.
I have never used Python though, and I probably never will.

Lua is easy, for those who are curious. It comes with compiler optimization, the syntax is extremely easy plus it has many pre-built functions.

But again, it depends on if you write it like garbage, or how Lua should be done. To master a programming language can take time, despite its easeness.
C+ Lua and PHP Wink
Lua is super easy to learn in my opinion.

My love for HTML and CSS will never die, I love making websites but I'm more about the design and development side.
My favorite languages would be C++, C#, Java and GML(GameMaker Language), but if I had to pick one it would be GML as of now. (Using GML for my upcoming 2D Game)

C# - Lovely and quick, I use it mainly for game development.
C++ - Spiffing but time consuming.
Java - Decent, I use it only developing with API(s).
english xD Cheese :3 xD
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • DVN
Brainfuck. And yes I do even script it. But it's pointless with modern computers :>

I used to script Python for my linux computer before windows 8 came out. That was my favorite. But now I don't even have one, I like all, except visual basic, that's just pure crap in my eyes.
(08-19-2015, 07:10 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 05:39 AM)s a d b o y Wrote: Java is outdated and not even used anymore, when have any of you downloaded ANYTHING which used Java NOT including Minecraft cuz even that hunk of shit is being ported to C

you're a SEr aren't you

python is lightweight and basically useless unless you are learning languages, its more of a show off look what i can make than actually being known
(08-27-2015, 03:55 AM)s a d b o y Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 07:10 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote:

you're a SEr aren't you

python is lightweight and basically useless unless you are learning languages, its more of a show off look what i can make than actually being known
Python. It's lightweight, and blazingly fast. It's good for developing in, due to that. It has a gui library inbuilt, and is useful if you know what you're doing. It's not just for "learning languages".

Now. Onto Java.

Whilst not being used in households as much now, Java still has a lot of use in industry and backend. Just because you cannot see it being used, doesn't mean it isn't. A lot of company specific software and industrial control software is written in Java.

When you say Minecraft is being ported to C, you mean this news? That's not minecraft being ported to C, that's a sub-par, isometric game, in the style of minecraft, by a different company, being made in C.

If it was being ported to C, why would it come packaged with its own version of Java? It makes little sense to me, and seems as if you've scim-read articles to try and get some "zings". All I can say is [Image: badzing.gif]

pls no insult python again. python is my bae.

I'm a SER? - What is a SER?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator